VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27
FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search PM
    Version 0.222 http://www.mediafire.com/?15157ofp7p15duj

New in version:
    1. Search tags and artworks in iTunes database.

Loading detailed information and artworks.

The artwork can be saved to the file if it is necessary outside of the program.

Process is analogous for movies.

Movies that were found in iTunes, but not found in moviedb, marked iTunes.

For downloading data from iTunes responsible flags in the setup:

Load tags from iTunes. Flag permits to download information.
    Auto load artworks from iTunes. If the flag is set, then automatically selects the correct iTunes artwork of the season or a movie. In the artwork list you not need to choose.
    Load description from iTunes. If the flag is on, the description and the name is taken from itunes, and not from tvdb (moviedb). The description will be in English.

IMPORTANT. You must wait until artworks downloading before you click the Save button. Otherwise, the artwork will not set automatically.

2. Added German Language. Thanks Vlaves for translation into German.

3. Separation ratings by country.
    Possible to disable unnecessary ratings lists.

4. Keep the original file date.

5. The ability to break into chapters on time.

6. When editing the tags to navigate through files on the keyboard ALT + arrow, the cursor remains in the edit box and it gets selected.

7. Saving the GPS coordinates from the original file (written to comment tag)

8. Ability to disable the mp4 atom correction

9. Ability to disable the loading chapters from the original file
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi Oreons,

first of all, thanks for your great job, i've been using Subler in Mac but this software beats it for a mile!

Question:

If I already have an M4V file, is it possible just to add/change subtitles and tags? or I have to Remux and Demux all the tracks?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    New in version:
    For downloading data from iTunes responsible flags in the setup:

Load tags from iTunes. Flag permits to download information.
    Auto load artworks from iTunes. If the flag is set, then automatically selects the correct iTunes artwork of the season or a movie. In the artwork list you not need to choose.
    Load description from iTunes. If the flag is on, the description and the name is taken from itunes, and not from tvdb (moviedb). The description will be in English.
    First, thank you for that great release But I also have a questio or suggestion Is it possible ti receive iTunes Data from the german Store or is the Data automatically received from the store of the selected language?
    It would be great to have German iTunes Metadata Again if I could help here, no problem

Regards
    Vlaves
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    kamper59,
    To change/add subtitles in m4v necessary to enable edit mode and will be made full repacking. If you change only the tags repacked will not be.

Vlaves,
    International iTunes will be in the next version.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Works like charm!

If you want, I can make a Dutch version? I just don't know how to do it, but I can translate it if you want Would be happy to contribute for it!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    psvpas,
    Thanks, I will send the files to the PM tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks for another wonderful release!

Quick question: Do I have to install it over the previous release to get the arcsoft decoder to work? Or will it work in a new directory still?

Thanks,
    Z
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    zombiefreak,
    MkvToMp4 - portable software. Copy all files to another directory and run.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I believe iTunes 11 broke the iTunes Artwork feature. not finding any itunes artwork since updating to 11
    Quote Quote  
  10. sorry if this has already been asked / answered but is there a way for the program to actively monitor a folder for any .mkv files then automatically convert them?

for example, monitor a network drive called Z:\TV

then if there was a file added to a sub folder in show A season 1 it would convert it?

Z:\Show A\Season 1\episode1.mkv

auto converts to

Z:\Show A\Season 1\episode1.mp4

just by monitoring the Z:\TV folder?

hope this makes sense.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi,

I am a complete novice, but I would like to change my current MKV files to a format to be streamed to Xbox. I would like to not convert but just chnage conatiner and remux. What is the setting I need to choose to do this?

BR. Kasper
    Quote Quote  
  12. You don't have to choose any specific setting. This program does exactly that.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    MrBenj,

psvpas,
    This problem occurs when the video is PAL, and the audio is taken from the movie NTSC or vice versa. When building mkv stretch flag was used and after repacking get out of sync. Unfortunately I have not found a solution to this problem.
    Oreons,

I'm having the same problem. I'm doubtful that it's for the same reasons as above since both the video and audio streams are taken bluray rips and in processing the remainder of the season, I only had this issue on 1 out of 6 episodes. What are your thoughts?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Oreons,

What an amazing piece of software you've written. Thank you so much.

Quick question. Is it possible to convert a 6 channel AAC audio track to a 2 channel audio track. When i enter edit mode i dont get the option to change from multi to 2 channel.

Any other audio codec is fine just AAC to AAC doesn't seem possible. Is that right ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    sjcox,
    No automation.

zombiefreak,
    If the out of sync increases as the movie playback, this NTSC video + audio PAL or vice versa.

SeNaT0R,
    In the next version will be.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SeNaT0R View Post
    Hi Oreons,

What an amazing piece of software you've written. Thank you so much.

Quick question. Is it possible to convert a 6 channel AAC audio track to a 2 channel audio track. When i enter edit mode i dont get the option to change from multi to 2 channel.

Any other audio codec is fine just AAC to AAC doesn't seem possible. Is that right ?
    Unless I misunderstand I know AAC to AAC has always been possible.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    sjcox,
    No automation.

zombiefreak,
    If the out of sync increases as the movie playback, this NTSC video + audio PAL or vice versa.

SeNaT0R,
    In the next version will be.
    Have you verified/fixed the iTunes 11 issue?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by ROBO731 View Post
    You don't have to choose any specific setting. This program does exactly that.
    OK - but when I choose default settings a conversion takes almost 1 hour. Is that normal?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    mfleigle,
    AAC 5.1 -> AAC 2.0 now does not.

Whats wrong? I have iTunes 11 and it works fine.

Hoth,
    Depends on the source, write file mediainfo.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by laidbackross View Post
    New user, just signed up to say thanks ever so much, this is exactly what I was after for making watchable files from Blu ray rips for the new iPad 3rd gen.

I used makemkv http://www.makemkv.com/ to rip a blu ray into an mkv file then this to convert it for my new iPad 3rd gen, works perfectly even at 1920x1080 in the iPad video app.

One feature I think it would benefit from is the option to encode the audio losslessly in ALAC format for Apple devices rather then a lossy format (AAC)

Would this be a difficult feature to put in the next version, they released the source code for the encoder and decoder last year in October at http://alac.macosforge.org/ http://alac.macosforge.org/

Kind regards
    laidbackross
    I am not sure what mistake I am making. I also use makemkv to rip blu ray to mkv. Whenever I try to use mkv to mp4 on the file that results from makemkv, it always wants to reencode rather than repackage.

I apologize for the simple question- but how can I set this up to just repackage?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hi! Thank you for the great program and thanks for the great feature of importing metadata from iTunes

I have an issue though and I try to understand if it is an iTunes error or something with MKV2MP4.

I have converted with the previous version some episodes of a TV series and added tags by myself, subtitles, everything OK.
    Some of them though are HD, so I have checked the HD 720p tag and again everything shows normal in iTunes 11

(Oh, btw, sometimes SOME subtitles are missing when I'm playing the file converted with your app. They stop showing and resume randomly later. Maybe it has something to do with timings of original .srt? Anyway...)

Yesterday, I decided to retag these files, with your new feature. Everything went smooth, BUT when I re-import them, the files that are HD, instead of properly showing in the folder in iTunes, they "merge" with a SD episode, as if they were the HD version of it.

For instance, let's say that there are 3 episodes:

TV show ep.1
    TV show ep.2 (HD version)
    TV show ep.3

Previously, they showed like that in iTunes. With the new version I retagged them with the iTunes description and saved them. When I imported them, this is what I saw in the Tv series folder

TV show ep.1
    TV show ep.3

Now, if i right-click the 3rd episode, there is an option to choose HD or SD version. If I choose HD version, it will play the missing ep.2, if I choose SD version it will play the ep.3

I retagged several times, deleted the files from iTunes, re-imported them, but same thing happened. They only workaround that I found, was to have either ALL files tagged as HD 720p or ALL files as SD. Since, there weren't any "mixed" resolutions in the TV show folder in iTunes, they showed properly.

I can recreate this everytime, so if you need any more details, let me know
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Eyedoctor2,
    Need to see what kind of video codec in the file. If this AVC, then there must repackage.

SurfDrifter,
    I assume that the ContentID tag on 2nd and 3rd episode matched.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mfleigle,
    AAC 5.1 -> AAC 2.0 now does not.

Whats wrong? I have iTunes 11 and it works fine.

Hoth,
    Depends on the source, write file mediainfo.
    since updating to iTunes 11 i havent been able to dl the itunes artwork for shows that i could on 10
    Quote Quote  
  24. I ran into a problem when I was repackaging a file that normally never gives me an error. The difference this time is that the subtitles of the mkv file were set to forced. I think that's the problem, but I don't understand why it would cause an issue. here's the log:

Repack/encoder video to MP4 for Apple iPhone, iPad, ATV2. MkvToMp4 version 0.222
    Build from: Nov 13 2012 18:28:21
    Use log file: Temp\Logs\06_12_2012_14_14_14.txt
    QuickTime not installed.
    CoreAudioToolbox version: 7.9.7.9
    Added on list: C:/Users/Robert/Desktop/E:\video.mkv.mkv
    Started processing file: C:/Users/Robert/Desktop/E:\video.mkv.mkv
    Starting MkvExtract with the parameters:
    Tools\mkvextract\mkvextract tracks "C:/Users/Robert/Desktop/E:\video.mkv.mkv" 1:"Temp\video.264" 2:"Temp\E:\video.mkv_internal_audio_2.AAC" 3:"Temp\E:\video.mkv_internal_sub_3.ASS"
    Extracting track 1 with the CodecID 'V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC' to the file 'Temp\video.264'. Container format: AVC/h.264 elementary stream
    Extracting track 2 with the CodecID 'A_AAC' to the file 'Temp\E:\video.mkv_internal_audio_2.AAC'. Container format: raw AAC file with ADTS headers
    Extracting track 3 with the CodecID 'S_TEXT/ASS' to the file 'Temp\E:\video.mkv_internal_sub_3.ASS'. Container format: SSA/ASS text subtitles
    Starting GSConv with the parameters:
    Tools\GSConv\GSConv SRT "C:/Program Files (x86)/MkvToMp4/Temp/E:\video.mkv_internal_sub_3.ASS"
    GSConv terminated with error: 3221225477
    Skipping subtitle C:/Program Files (x86)/MkvToMp4/Temp/E:\video.mkv_internal_sub_3.ASS
    Creating an index file C:/Users/Robert/Desktop/E:\video.mkv.mkv
    Starting Mp4Box with the parameters:
    Tools\mp4box\mp4box -new -add "Temp\video.264":fps=25 Temp\video.mp4
    AVC-H264 import - frame size 1280 x 720 at 25.000 FPS
    AVC Import results: 37370 samples - Slices: 617 I 17130 P 19623 B - 1 SEI - 427 IDR
    Stream uses forward prediction - stream CTS offset: 2 frames
    Saving Temp\video.mp4: 0.500 secs Interleaving
    Tools\mp4box\mp4box -nhml 1 Temp\video.mp4
    Converting video timecodes...
    Converting timecodes completed.
    Tools\MP4Box\MP4Box.exe -new -delay 1=1 -add "Temp\video_out.nhml":lang=jpn:name="" -add "C:/Program Files (x86)/MkvToMp4/Temp/E:\video.mkv_internal_audio_2.AAC"#1:lang=jpn:name ="" -itags tool="MkvToMp4 [www.mkvtomp4.ru] version 0.222" "E:\video.mkv"
    NHML import - Stream Type Visual - ObjectTypeIndication 0x21
    AAC import - sample rate 48000 - MPEG-4 audio - 2 channels
    Saving E:\video.mkv: 0.500 secs Interleaving
    Writing tags in file: E:\video.mkv
    Open result file E:\video.mkv for test.
    The file E:\video.mkv is processed successfully
    File processing time: 45 sec.
    Total time: 45 sec.
    1 files processed.
    Any ideas on how to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    mfleigle,
    Artworks search does not work? Or display it in itunes?
    Searching not depend from iTunes version on your computer, it search directly from Apple.

ROBO731,
    It is incorrect ASS subtitle, the program crashes when processing. You can extract it manually and then correct it in notepad (to remove long lines). Then add to the program as external.
    Quote Quote  
  26. [QUOTE=oreons;2203992]Eyedoctor2,
    Need to see what kind of video codec in the file. If this AVC, then there must repackage.

MakeMkv simply repackages a ripped blu-ray to an MKV. It seems to work with MKVtoMp4 for others.

MakeMkv is a free program to use, even though it is trial ware for blu-ray ripping. Perhaps you could try it and determine the problem?

Thank you for your time and effort!

EDIT: Please scroll to the next post for a Mediainfo txt file of an Makemkv rip.
    Last edited by Eyedoctor2; 7th Dec 2012 at 05:04.
    Quote Quote  
  27. [QUOTE=Eyedoctor2;2204175]
    Eyedoctor2,

MakeMkv simply repackages a ripped blu-ray to an MKV. It seems to work with MKVtoMp4 for others. How can I find out which video codec the file is in?

MakeMkv is a free program to use, even though it is trial ware for blu-ray ripping. Perhaps you could try it and determine the problem?

Thank you for your time and effort!
    I just ran Mediainfo on a Batman Begins blue ray rip with MakeMKV. I am attaching the output as a text file.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mfleigle,
    Artworks search does not work? Or display it in itunes?
    Searching not depend from iTunes version on your computer, it search directly from Apple.

ROBO731,
    It is incorrect ASS subtitle, the program crashes when processing. You can extract it manually and then correct it in notepad (to remove long lines). Then add to the program as external.
    It doesnt require iTunes to be installed? Then in must be a coinsidence that the iTunes Artwork search stopped working for me. For example when I search for "New Girl" artwork it doesnt display the iTunes artwork search results in mkvtomp4. I will try to test again later today

EDIT: I knew iTunes 11 had something to do with it. I just compared my laptop with iTunes 10 and my desktop with iTunes 11, and with iTunes 11 I did not recieve the art work:

iTunes 11 Installed:

iTunes 10 Installed:
    Last edited by mfleigle; 7th Dec 2012 at 10:33.
    Quote Quote  
  29. [QUOTE=
    ROBO731,
    It is incorrect ASS subtitle, the program crashes when processing. You can extract it manually and then correct it in notepad (to remove long lines). Then add to the program as external.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, so the problem is that some of the lines are too long. Do you know how long is too long?
    Quote Quote  
  30. ROBO731,
    Thanks, so the problem is that some of the lines are too long. Do you know how long is too long?
    Last edited by ROBO731; 7th Dec 2012 at 11:15.
    Quote Quote