VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

Has anybody used this DVR/DVD Player ("Symphonic CSHP80G")? It'a made by Funai and sold at Walmart. I just got a unit and it is a pretty bare bone device. It has a DVR + a DVD Player (not a DVD recorder). Although it's pretty cheap device it does a resonable job to replace a VCR. The only problem is that there is no way to get the content on an external support from the HDD (like other DVR/DVD recorders can do by copying the content on a DVD).
    I would appreciate If somebody knows a hack or a way to read the HDD and is willing to share that knowledge.

BTW the manual for the device can be found here: http://www.symphonic.us/pdf/om/CSHP80G.pdf
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have this system and i like it a lot. The only thing i don't like is that when it runs out of recording room it doesn't delete the oldest program recorded. instead, you get home to find your favorite show has shut off after 10 mins cos it ran out of free space. Other than that, it's really easy to use and seems to work fine.
    i would love to get a region hack for the dvd player though.... if anyone knows one it would be much appreciated.
    thank you.
    Quote Quote