VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a DVB-S transport stream file I like to cut in a few points for a DVD authoring. It's PAL 16:9, 7524 kbps average, and audio is MP2 192 kbps. As I'd prefer to have fades at audio cut points I checked latest version of Womble MPEG Video Wizard.

Below I include a screen shot of audio demuxed in ProjectX, and edited in Womble. Slight difference of time is due cuts on frame vs GOP level. As you see Womble not only did fades but completely changed audio volume to such level that now it's distorted

Maybe I'm missing something, but I couldn't find any setting which allows to keep original audio volume, even if the export option is set to not re-encode audio stream.

Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I've used MPEGVCR for years. It's by the same people. The general rule with it (it's probably the same for your product) is that if you just use it for straight editing only, it works perfectly, but anytime you want to get fancy and add things like transitions (and in your case probably for audio fading), your final result ends up being less than ideal. Perhaps someone knows a solution for your problem, but my gut feeling is that you're going to have skip the audio fading if you want to sound to be left alone and that's your only real choice.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you jman98 for the advice. This software is then not worth its relatively high price as cutting and de/multiplexing can be done in many other and freeware tools.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am not sure that Mpeg Video Wizard is an audio editor. I use Mpeg Video Wizard DVD and their graphical option for audio fades without any problems, but I do not demux.
    Quote Quote