VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I would like to duplicate some 80 home videos of my family, which I have already transferred from VHS to various format DVDs. In another post it was suggested that I move them to -R format for better disk shelf life (and to other hard drive media for longer term storage).

On the new DVD-Rs, I am trying to get the same Menu Structure, including Motion Menus, but the best I have been able to do after trying many methods, is to get all the video with Still Menus only. The fastest way I've been able to do this is to copy the Video_TS folder with sub files to my hard drive, then use the Video Tab in the application BURN to get it onto the new DVD. Doing a disc image (dmg, cdr) of the disk in Disk Utility and then using Disk Utility or BURN to burn to the new DVD didn't result in Motion Menus. They are Still Menus and do jump correctly to the Titles I set up on the original DVD, but they do not show the motion (video clips) I set up on the original DVDs. Any suggestions, please? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Ahh.....Mac.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any motion menu would be likely be in VTS_0n_0.VOB, so a fully copied VIDEO_TS folder should have the exact same menu as the source.
    Do try to play the source VIDEO_TS folder with Apple DVD Player or VLC. Does this source show motion menus?
    Quote Quote