VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    New gal here.

I have been recording some wildlife in my backyard with my computer's web camera. I have some nice recordings of song birds. My problem is that occasionally a neighbor will be in their backyard talking. I would like to remove this talking from my recordings. I have Windows Movie Maker but that only alows me to cut and splice the a/v recordings.
    I am looking for an easy way to attenuate the voices on the recording without having to cut and splice.
    I have a program called Goldwave which works great for audio, but does not support the video.

Thanks,
    Ring
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Ringwood View Post
    I am looking for an easy way to attenuate the voices on the recording without having to cut and splice.
    This type of thing happens in the movies and on TV shows like NCIS.....not in real life.
    Quote Quote  
  3. This type of thing happens in the movies and on TV shows like NCIS.....not in real life.

I found an easy way to do this. I downloaded a video editing software called Machete. It has a free trial and is cheap to buy if you like it. It allowed me to easily separate audio from video.

I opened up the saved audio in my audio editing software mentioned in my original post. I selected the portions of the audio waveform I wanted to change. In my case it was unwanted voices. I reduced the volume of those waveforms to zero. I saved it and reattached it to the original video using Machete.

It went pretty quick. Being able to separate the audio and edit it opens up a lot of possibilities.

Definitely a real life solution.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also use goldwave, open the video and goldwave will open the audio part, reduce the volumes in selected parts, save as mp3 or wav and last multiplex/join the new audio with the old video using a multiplexer https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/video-de-multiplexers .
    Quote Quote