VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, i'm using MAINCONCEPT and VOBSUB. Anyone figure out how to get it to work with this combination?

thanks,

Win
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, i found the solution.....check this link, and follow the instructions...

http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_divx2svcd_subs_mainconcept.php#subs

Win
    Quote Quote  
  3. Solution to sound problem:
    Divx and Xvid files created with TMPGenc do not have interleaved audio. That's why DVDPlayers show vid but no sound: DVD players can't seek fast enough to get audio and video chunks from different areas of the file.
    Better to add perm subtitles using VirtualDub (guide here: https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=272736).
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks to all the guys in the DVD Players forum who helped me solve my problem with this solution.
    Quote Quote  
  5. is there anyway to add the sub into rmvb file?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by just_kim_usa
    Solution to sound problem:
    Divx and Xvid files created with TMPGenc do not have interleaved audio. That's why DVDPlayers show vid but no sound: DVD players can't seek fast enough to get audio and video chunks from different areas of the file.
    Better to add perm subtitles using VirtualDub (guide here: https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=272736).
    Hey, thanks for the link. The quality of the movie was great; however, it didn't add the subtitle to my movie even though I did all the steps in the guide. Any one knows any other way of adding subtitle to a movie using Mainconcept? Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does PowerDVD 7 add vobsub?
    Profoundly deaf.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It works 99% for me..

The subtitles appears fine, but some of the subtitles come in 2-3 layers, instead of the used subtitles should disapear.

Can someone plase help me?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is the only guide thats ever worked for me, but I've run into an issue. I wanted to ouput to AVI, so I can use AVI2DVD to make my DVD, however when I choose ouput AVI file it died around 60% saying the disk was full. I checked and the AVI file was 37 GB. I'm redoing it as an MPG which I'm sure will work fine, I just hope I can find as easy of a way to turn it into a DVD (since avi2dvd joined the 2 halves of the movie for me automagically)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Whenever I attempt to load the movie file I want to encode in TMPGEncoder, the program crashes. It's a 2 GB XVid. I am using the latest K-Lite Codec Pack.

Is it possible to use SUPER instead of TMPGEncoder? I did a couple tests but I never get the subtitles working.

EDIT: Never mind; installing the VobSub with the link provided in this guide made it work. Or so it seems.
    Quote Quote  
  11. thankssss
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for this guide
    i just have a small problem
    if i open it in VLC media player, i (sometimes) get some video w/ subtitles that freezes after 5 seconds
    other times i get black forever
    if i open it in media player classic, i get an error code that states that the file was not prepared for sequential reading
    what should i do?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    mine too.. i did everything.. but no sound... the subtitles are fine and everything is ok, just that there's is no sound..
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    any time i try to do anything with one movie in TPMGEnc , i get an error message saying : can't load "P3Package.dll"
    what does that mean and what can i do about it ?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi i have been trying to add subtitles with tmpgenc plus 2.5 on a win 98 system also,i deal mainly in mpeg2 files or m2v with ac3 audio, i couldn't get tmpg to permanently imprint the srt file(via vobsub in background) or even preview it..UNTIL NOW, I realised i had a little program i didn't use - tmpg dvd source creator 2.1.3.8 not only does it work with the subtitles and give desired output, it allows me to import the ac3 file directly(without having to reauthor to wave as was the case with tmpg plus) and all on windows 98 system,the later versions require xp and validation. PEGASYS DVD SOURCE CREATOR 2.1 RULEZZ
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Everyone seems to be struggling quite a bit with these subtitles. If you're not worried about being able to switch subtitles on and off, all you need is VobSub and TMPGenc Xpress 4.0. As long as the subtitle file (.srt or .sub, etc.) has an identical name to the .avi file and is in the same folder, the subtitles will be encoded along with the video using TMPGenc. Just make sure vobsub is installed, and that will take care of everything. I was messing around with frameserving and all that, but it all seems futile. It's extremely simple.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do you select Divx and MP3 compressors in TMPGEnc?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    TMPGEnc is mostly an mpg encoder. It outputs mpg. If you want AVI/DivX output, I'd use VirtualDub.

But:
    To convert to AVI,DivX or XviD with permanent subtitles use TMPGEnc. In TMPGEnc first close the wizard, choose file->new project, open the video, choose File->Output to file->AVI File. Select a video compression like DivX or XviD and choose an audio compression like MP3 and hit save.
    /Mats
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In preview mode am I supposed to hear sound? The avi File i am using has sound in it, but in preview I am getting nothing =[.
    Quote Quote  
  20. First of all, thanks to Baldrick for his suggestions of software and illustrated explanations. Everything works fine so far, except for the choice of COMPRESSION options in TMPGenc.

I can't find any DivX or Xvid and MP3 options for video and audio compression. Or what are the alternative names?

Question: What's the best option to compress .avi files meant to be uploaded to YouTube?

Iris
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stopthemind
    Question: What's the best option to compress .avi files meant to be uploaded to YouTube?
    Answer: Doesn't matter, as YouTube will reencode whatever you upload.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  22. Thanks Mats!

May be you can tell me what program is the highest compressor.
    One video in .avi of 28 MB has a volume of 550 MB when compressed including subs with Cinepac; 780 MB with Microsoft; 177 MB with Intel IndeoR ...

To be able to upload to You Tube videos up to 100 MB are allowed. What is the reason for a video to become so large after compression? Or what program in TMPGenc is the highest compressor?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I really don't understand where TMPGEnc comes into the picture when encoding to AVI. 99.9% it's for encoding to mpg, even if you obviously can encode as AVI too.
    To encode to AVI, I use AutoGK, which is basically a front end to VirtualDub, the tool for AVI encoding.
    IIRC, max video length for YouTube is 10 minutes. 10 minutes, 100 MB = a bitrate of around 1000 kbps - which calls for DivX/XviD encoding.
    Install the xvid codec + lame acm codec, and maybe TMPGEnc can use these. I really don't know, as I never used TMPGEnc other than for encoding to mpg.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  24. Ya, you're right. I'm new to this matter. Decided to create .mpeg formats instead of .avi and use the wizard of TMPGenc with Vobsub and DivX encoding. This is fine. Thanks for the reply. I'm done.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To convert to AVI,DivX or XviD with permanent subtitles use TMPGEnc. Select a video compression like DivX or XviD and choose an audio compression like MP3 and hit save.

i can't find the video compression DIVX or audio compression MP3..
    with the video compression i can only choose from :
    - cinepack codec bij radius
    - intel indeo video 4.5
    - microsoft video 1
    - indeo video 5.10
    - no compression (the file is waaaaay to big)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you have the DivX codec installed?
    Do you have the lame acm codec installed?

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mats.hogberg
    Do you have the DivX codec installed?
    Do you have the lame acm codec installed?

/Mats
    i have both installed 'm.
    i can allready pick the divx codec, but not the lame acm codec..
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've succesfully make the subtitle appear when i play it in the windows media player. I'm planning to play it on dvd player, should i still use the tmpgenc? i don't understand what's tmpgenc for actually. i'm sorry if i asked silly question. thanks
    Quote Quote  
  29. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Anggie: Use an all-in-one dvd converter that can add subtitles like ConvertXtoDVD, FAVC or DVD Flick instead.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    [ e d i t e d ]
    Quote Quote