VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello

I've been looking for this for several weeks now.

I found on this link https://www.videohelp.com/svcddvdr.htm , how to burn a svcd on a dvd-r.
    Ok, but if I do this, that means that I have first to convert a divx to a svcd (+/- 2h40), then separate the audio form the video (+/- 15 mins), then convert the sound (+/- 1h30) then join the video with the audio (+/- 7 mins), then patch, then author and burn (+/- 30 mins). Thats amazing!!!

Is this the only way to do this? I really would like to have more than 1 movie on these expensive dvd-rs...

It would be great if somebody could help me.

By the way...I was doing a test with this guide...and there is a svcd I converted. It is 2.5 GB in Windows, but in the Ulead Movie Factory is it recognized as a 7GB file!? I don't understand that. That makes that the Ulead Movie Factory don't burns it. I've been checking it with the DVDPatcher, but there's no error...

Thanks
    padrinho
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    funny, i've just been trying to do the same thing, so far i'm in the middle of this little test
    rip movies and convert with dvd2one
    join vobs into one big vob for each movie, so now i've got 2 huge vobs
    demux and remux with tsunami, now i've got 2 huge mpegs,
    then re author these into vobs, then back into dvd2one to get both vobs down to dvdr size then remux again and finally into workshop for some basic choice menus, so far i'm half way through, i've no idea what the quality is going to be like or even if it's going to work, but i'm having fun. i'll let you know how i get on
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    all that processing and for what? so u can get a couple bad quality movies on an 85 cent dvd-r....
    Quote Quote  
  4. This is what I do...

I run the movie through TMPGEnc using kwag's Kdvd-full template(look in tolls section for a link to kwag). It makes an Mpeg2 dvd compatable mpeg that's about 1.5 gig-2 gig. Thus I get 2 2hour movies or 3 an hour and half movies on one dvd and as long as you aren't running them on an HDTV they look real good.

After you get the mpegs you have to use an authoring program and just import the different mpegs into it
    Quote Quote  
  5. b]To curryman[[/b]

Well let me konw about your test. Thanks

dbaker6165

Well I don't know it you know it, but not everybody lives in cleveland/cincinnati, and not everybody lives in USA. somepeople lives in a a place called Europe. And belive me, if I'd find a dvd-r for 85 cent here, I wouldn't be here asking this. Damn the only 85!?!? The less exensive ones I found yet cost 3.5 €. And I think it's too much for one movie.

padrinho
    Quote Quote  
  6. Dear Raen

Thanks for your help. And do you have a link where I can see the Guide to do this?

padrinho
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by dbaker6165
    all that processing and for what? so u can get a couple bad quality movies on an 85 cent dvd-r....

True.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by padrinho
    The less exensive ones I found yet cost 3.5 €. And I think it's too much for one movie.
    if that's as cheap as you can find you should look harder.

i have friends in the uk and the netherlands, and you're right, the .85 USD ones may not be available, but I have heard of some in the .95-1.20 Euro range which are fine, and I agree with dbaker, what good movie isn't worth 1.20 for decent quality?

i went through this phase, I got caught up in the novelty of how many movies I could fit on a disc, for a long time not realizing "why?"

call these guys: http://www.atdiscount.com/contact.html

if you buy a hundred or a few hundred at a time like I do, it won't matter about the added shipping/duties, they will be WAY cheaper than 3.50 E
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well I will tell you how I ge my dvd-r for 85 cents each. I get them from this magical place online called www.ebay.com where many clevelanders such as myself shop for better deals... They actually sold me 100 dvd-r for 85 dollars which translate into 85 cents each. I hope they have www.ebay.com in your country or continent. I know many of us North Americans in the USA are rich (every single american) and can afford to buy stuff like that and Im sorry I offended you.

Im just saying that its not worth my time to put multiple degraded videos on one dvd when i can afford to spend that extra buck to buy a new dvd per movie and it will look good at the same time.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i agree with that one person about putting mpeg files on a dvd... I am pretty sure that the apex ad 1201 can read dvds with mp3s and mpeg files on it. Thats not bad at all.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks dbaker6165

I've been looking in several shops, and the cheapests ones I've found are Princo dvd-rs for 1.80 €. I'm living in Luxembourg, it's a small country, so it is difficult to find cheaper than this, cause the concurence is too small.

I'll try to find something better in Belgium, who knows?

Now I'm hesitating what's the best I can do...convert my divx do svcds and burn 2 of them per dvd-r or simpy convert my divx to dvd.

And does Nero convert divx to dvd and burn it? Or do I have to a strange process like that with the svcds?

Thanks
    padrinho
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dude I think this might help you out... this is a pretty cool way to put multiple mpegs or svcd on one dvd without reencoding... you would have to reencode your divx to mpg files in order to do this process... check this site out and you will know what I am talking about

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/142742.php
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by padrinho
    And do you have a link where I can see the Guide to do this?
    Maybe this will help padrino: http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2073&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=540
    Look at the first post on that page. There's a sample and how it was done, to put ~6 hours full DVD quality on one DVD-R.

Enjoy,
    -kwag
    KVCD.Net - Advanced Video Conversion
    http://www.kvcd.net
    Quote Quote