VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Im pretty well familiar with ripping dvd movies and encoding them to vcd format using smart ripper/dvd decrypter, and using dvdx. however, i've come across a movie i never delt with before... an Animated dvd that contains 3 or four Movies.

I am currently trying to Rip the movie/anime X-men Phoenix Saga.

I ripped it using smart ripper, however, in movie tab, for some reason, smart ripper only rips the first movie. So i try i believe the File Tab, and manually select the files i want to be ripped. Then i rip it, but when i try and open the "main" file in DVDx, its not there because i didnt rip it in "movie" type.

How do i get around this?? I want to encode it with DVDx, each movie, but i need that starting file to do it with. Please Help.

thanks in advance to those who reply.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I use dvddecrypter but as far as file vs stream that is fairly simple, just select all files in file mde and then you do not have to worry about it. Stream mode is basically if you want to remove things. Say you only wanted just the episodes and not intros for example.. that would be easily done with stream mode. If your episodes are all in one vobset just with chapters then it is as simple as doing any other movie. If they are all in one vobest with multiple pgcs that is a little more complicated and requires following the trilight guides or others. If you want a movie only rip a program like dvd2one will make simple work out of it but then of course you lose chapter menu (though you keep the chapters), which means chapter selecting manually or skipping to find the right epissode. A few of us have also figuerd out how to get dvd2one to combine multiple dics/vobsets. There is a tutorial on this site on how to do it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NemesyssGT
    Im pretty well familiar with ripping dvd movies and encoding them to vcd format using smart ripper/dvd decrypter, and using dvdx. however, i've come across a movie i never delt with before... an Animated dvd that contains 3 or four Movies.
    Use Smartripper as normal, but select files, you will be able to see at the large files on the disk, if there are 6 episodes, then there will be 6 large file, also take the "Vts_01_0.ifo" see if there are others for each one "Vts_02_0.ifo", or just the one. In DvdX you could convert from start to finish of the whole disk, then split the files later. You need to experiment as it can be different on each disk. You can also stop DvdX when it reaches the end of one, then restsrt it again at that point, or even use the time to work it all out.
    Quote Quote