VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. 9100 radeon cat 3.2
    7500 radeon cat 3.2

Using dvd2one method work without any problem can switch between dd and dts. When using instantcopy method will not work in my two systems so I believe its something in the set up I using. Is there an easy way to have menu's using dvd2one. Although not necessary for back-up's because perserving the movie is my main focus. I just wanted try some more techniques out.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Guide updated.

Updated dvd2one with full disk option.
    Updated copytodvd with select video_ts.ifo file instead of folder.
    Updated instantcopy with a link to the latest update and mrbass link.
    Added dvd95copy to the dvd9 to dvd5 methods.
    Added quick links in the beginning of the guide.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Baldric,

Excellent guide, concice, readable and precice. There's only one comment. I noticed the screenshot quality and checked the graphic format. I see you used PNG. Although it's excellent for pictures, TIF or GIF would be better for computer screenshots. I'm currently writing some documentation and realized that a 2Mb BMP screenshot can become a 60 Kb JPEG or PNG (with loss in clarity or colour depth), or a 30-50kb GIF or TIF file. TIFFs are slightly larger but you don't loose any of the colour information.

Makes screenshots smaller, and the guides faster to download. (I'm using a dial-up 56kbps line).

Regards
    The more I learn, the more I come to realize how little it is I know.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The pictures are only around 3-20 kbyte. If I used gif they would be a few bytes bigger.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Excellent guide but I have a question about the DVD9 to DVD5 using DVD2ONE option. Everything seems to work fine but when I look at the log files of COPY2DVD, there is a warning "BUP/IFO of Video Title Set #xxxx contains error. The resulting DVD may not work." (The xxxx number varies from DVD to DVD).

However, these burned DVDs (eg. Swordfish, Imposter) work on both my DVD-rom drive and on my Pioneer 525. What is this error and how can it be corrected? Anyone?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well done guide.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I looked for an answer to my question and it looks like I'm not the only one having this problem. I am using DVD2One and Copy2DVD. Some of the movies are still too large for one DVD even after converting with DVD2one.(Have the latest version) I get the "not enugh space on media" message like others posted on this forum. What do you think the problem is? The original size of the movie is 7.75GB. Other movies I have tried were a little smaller at 7.41 or less. Is DVD2One not able to do the larger size movies? I like having the Full movie with all the extras. Thanks for all your guides, excellant job.
    Quote Quote  
  8. everyone,
    thanx Baldrick for your guide. I've been trying out dvdshrink to shrink a 5.xx gb vob (files) to fit on a dvd5.
    Keep getting an error"
    CvobsRemapper::remap_vobu_sa failed
    and it stops at 99%. When i try viewing the new version with powerdvd 4, some chapters work, some dont, fast forwarding & rewinding (just clicking anywhere on the timeline, yellow bar, doesnt advance to that particular point in the movie). Anybody having similar issues?

Sounds like I should try Dvd2One to try the shrink down my files, instead.

t.i.a
    Zooter
    Quote Quote  
  9. I think it is great to see a guide that uses free tools.
    I have used Imgtools (0.89) for some time with 100% great results.

In a way guides are telling people what software to purchase. Dangerous ground there.

Thanks for the updates
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hello Baltor and anyone else on these message boards. I thought it was a great guide, but I am having some trouble not covered in it and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I used DVDshrink to cut out extraneous tracks and compress the video so it will fit on a DVD5. I then used Copy to DVD to convert the output from DVDshrink (6 vobs that were checked and were accurate, .ifo, etc) into Video_TS and Audio_TS. I selected the .ifo fine and the process seemed to work well. It then went immediately into the burning process. When it was done I checked the movie.

Now here is the problem: The first 5 vobs were converted and burned just fine, but the 6th vob info was missing form the final DVD. Instead it went backwards for a sec on the 5th section material, then proceeded to start on the 1st section material all over again...

Why would it do this and does anyone know how to fix it? Did I do something wrong, or is it a problem with one of the programs???

Thanks for any and all replies
    Quote Quote  
  11. Bump. It has been 2-3 days. Someone please answer my question about errors in Copy2DVD.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  12. Baldrick the user guide is better than anything outthere for beginner on a"How To" guide for burn dvds. Everything is very user friendly and there
    is no way anyone can mess this up. I have used it from the beginning and will continue to use it. Thanks Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
  13. i used the "DVD-9 to one recordable DVD using DVD2ONE" method and followed every step in it and it was just great!! the only thing i am wondering is how come the menus are not available after i have my DVD copy? is there anything i have missed? which part of the steps is this related to?

thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have used this method, and it works swell, I was wondering if it works to just let DVD Decrypter to select the main movie files, and just rip those, and then shrink it with dvd2one, or does that mess up other things? Thanks for any help...l
    WIenerbeast
    Quote Quote  
  15. Just a quick thing.

Why does my DVDDecrypter Rip at 2x? I use my Pioneer 104 to do the ripping and burning...

So, what gives?!?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bump

You might try to search this forum for a Firm Hack my DVR-105 is WAY faster with [2x4all_12Rip4all] Hacked FirmFlash.There should be something similar for a 104/A-04.

just a thought
    Remember use Hack Firmware @ your own risk, check it out before you plunge in. It has worked very well on my 105.

http://forum.firmware-flash.com/index.php
    (;-{> Dd
    Strength and Honor
    www.dvd9to5.com
    www.dvd9to5.com/forum/
    "For every moment of truth there's confusion in life"
    Black Sabbath/Ronnie James Dio
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    rvl123

go buy u a $40.00 dvd -rom like creative samsung, or lite on that rips at 16x speed

dvd burners usually only reads dvds at 4x or maybe 8x speed

and if u want to kill to bird with one stone

best buy has a samsung cdrw- dvd rom sm348-b which also burn cds at 48x and read dvd at 16x for 80.00
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick,
    Great job, a lot of work. This would be a great auto open thread on the all n00B forums. As in a must look @ first before posting HOW DO I ????????.
    I know it would have saved me many sleepless nights not that long ago.

Great Work. Love this site!
    Dd
    (;-{> Dd
    Strength and Honor
    www.dvd9to5.com
    www.dvd9to5.com/forum/
    "For every moment of truth there's confusion in life"
    Black Sabbath/Ronnie James Dio
    Quote Quote  
  19. i was wondering if anyone could tell me a good way to backup saving private ryan onto 1 dvd, i am doing just the main movie, with basic english sound and i am using dvd shrink and the quality come out really blocky and hard to watch, can anyone tell me a good way to get it to 1 dvd and still have it watchable thanx for any help
    Quote Quote  
  20. I don't use dvd shrink, I would rather use dvd2one. Here is the way I would do it. DVD decrytper, use file mode and that will take the movie only. Dvd2one (movie mode) then copyto dvd. There you have it.

Baldrick the guide should be something everyone who comes to the site should read first. You can go wrong with it
    Quote Quote  
  21. hey i know this is kinda off the subject but i am using dvd shrink to backup resident evil, and no matter what i cant get sound on it, it has dts and ac3 sound i tried it with both and still no sound can anyone help me out cos i have tried everything
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    first i wanted to say Thanx for the walkthroughs they worked for me except for one thing..

I used the Instantcopy & dvdycrypter method and mu dvd only works in certain players? Can I remedy this? Or is this just something I have to deal with because i compressed the file?

neal/massacres
    Quote Quote  
  23. I have shrinked and burnt DVD movie with instantDVD. When I play it in computer its ok, but I can't DVD in DVD player at TV.

Should I close DVD disc?

I left at write, writing method automatic, but in readme i saw:

The Automatic option defaults to Close session. However, if you have selected Automatic or Disc at Once as the write method, the Close Disc method will always be used.
    What should I do?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Now I know why can't I play this DVD in my TV DVD player. Because Pinnacle instant copy have burnt file DVD from .pdi image.

So I must burn video DVD. I decided to do this in Nero burning rom.

I extracted .pdi image by UltraISO. Then I choosed In nero "video DVD" and drag folders AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS to DVD and hit "burn".

But then I saw this:

Quote Quote  
  25. Well I used Decrypter to copy the ISO file of a 15 min movie then did a burn to a TDK DVD-RW per above instructions.
    Now i cannot play or read the disk as I get an error message that the volume file has been externally altered so the open file is not valid.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    edit: one post is enough. /Admin Baldrick
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Excellent easy to understand article. Thanks!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  28. No-one here puts up what guide they're actually talk about.
    I'm using the first one dvd5 to dvd5 and it's working so far. my first dodgy Hong Kong bought dvd had read errors, but this current euro, library dvd seems to work out allright
    Guide is real simple, great.
    Looking for subtitles of: Höök tt0997023, Lime tt0269480, La clé sur la porte tt0077348. tt=iMDb.com Found Desideria tt0081724 subtitle! :-)
    Quote Quote