VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

Im new to all this DVD business. but I have a question why won't my ricoh mp5125a which is dvd+rw/+r/cdr-rw/r dvd-rom burn to dvd+r media?. It will burn to dvd+rw though. I'm using Nero 5.5 which came with the drive and I've also tried NeoDVD standard 4 again came with the drive. The dvd I'm trying to burn is only 3.5 gig but both progs tell me that there is insufficient space on the disk. thanks in advance, Pete.
    Quote Quote  
  2. you might want to tell us what is the error nero displays when you try do burn it.
    [-Neoh*-]|[-Cheers-]
    Quote Quote  
  3. the error is the same on nero and neodvd, Insufficient space on disk replace media. Pete[/u]
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Had this problem myself last night. Disk info in Nero stated disk was empty. I went to the Nero Ahead page
    http://www.nero.com/en/index.html#download
    and upgraded to the latest version. Re-booted my system and it now works. Burned a DVD +R fine. Hope this works for you also.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanx FP3, Updated to nero 5.5.10.0 from 5.5.8.0 and have now burnt to a dvd+r. I also disabled anti-virus as I read this can also affect sometimes. I didn't try updating before as the nero 5.5.8.0 came bundled with the Ricoh drive so I didn't expect it to be a problem and on Ricoh's website it says there is no compatability problems with nero or win xp. Thanx again Pete.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can anyone here help me, i decompressed my avi file sound, convertered the avi file to mpeg2 with tmpgenc and then i used Ulead Dvd Movie Factory to burn the file onto a dvd+R. The problem is when i go to either play it on my computer/dvd player/ playstation 2 it doesnt play. and when i put it in my computet it doesnt reat the dvd at all, because i went to my computer and looked at the drive i had put the disc into, and thee was imgae indicating a dvd/cd or anythin present in that drive...if anyone can help me here in advice in converting, and burning that would be most apprecitated. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. get nero 5.9.917, 10 they say is BAD
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Would anyone care to add there comments about Nero 5.5.10. The post above suggests there are problems with 5.5.10, and I've seen a similar post in a different forum,... However, I've seen 10x post saying that Nero 5.5.9.17 was bad, dating back to the 1st of December,.. this was in the Authoring and Burning forum. There were so may problems with Nero not "Closing the disk" , on a multiple disk copy.

I have been successful burning in 5.5.9.17 to a DVD+R and to A DVD+RW, but since then I've had all kinds of problems with ripping, authoring, and burning. I've updated to 5.5.10 to see if that would fix the problem, but still no good. While the disk won't play in anything. The data is there and if I use PowerDVD to select only the Main Movie VOB file it will play just fine. This tells me the media is ok, the burn process is ok, just that some file or some setting is screwed up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, going backwards to Nero 5.5.9.17 requires uninstalling all of it, and re-loading the orginal version and then updating again. Like to avoid this if there is clear evidence that 5.5.10 is bad. I've also seen many posts saying they are using 5.5.10 with no problems.
    "Technology",...It's what keeps us all moving forward.
    Quote Quote