VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. To make a long story short, I basically ended up with a couple VOB files from a DVD, but I don't have all of them, so they're not in seqeucne. I also don't have either of the IFOs. I want to just load a VOB and convert to MPG but every program I try forces you to load an IFO. Is there any program that convert to MPG without that IFO file? And even better, is there an easy way to create IFO files just by loading the VOB files you want on your DVD? I'd appreciate the help guys. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. DVD2AVI, drop your first VOB into the program and the rest will load automatically. You will save your project, then load your D2V into TMPGEnc or use AVISynth with CCE.

You could also try IFOEdit, load up your VOB and the program will look at all your VOBs and make new IFOs.

More in depth info can be found from searching or use the guides. Also try www.Doom9.net.
    Quote Quote  
  3. But there's a problem... I don't HAVE all the VOBs from the original DVD. They won't load because they're not in sequence. So I either need to convert the VOBs I have without the IFOs to MPG so I can burn em on several SVCDs, or I need to create IFO files and I don't know how to do that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tmpeg's mpeg tolls will convert a vob to an mpg,I use it for that purpose on a regular bacis. Ifoedit will create a set of ifo files for any vob's. I would suggest you rename them vts_01_1.vob - 2- 3.etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok well TMPEG wont load VOB files when I try. How do you manage to get it to do that? And with IFOedit, I put all the VOB's I want to convert in a directory with IFOedit. I open IFOedit and click the Create IFO button, and then it asks to load a VOB, but it won't let you load all of them. What's with that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm using a registered version of Tmpeg. I don't understand your problem with Ifoedit. You must rename the vob's vts_01_1.vob,etc. If you name that way and put them in directory Ifoedit won't create ifo's?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try downloading a new version of Tmpeg,2.57 or 2.58. See if they will open vob's.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Even the methods I mentioned will work in your case. Sounds like you do not want to try anything.

IfoEdit will make you a new IFO, DVD2AVI will make a file you can load into TMPGEnc.

You could also demultiplex the VOB using TMPGEnc.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    renaming them in sequence should make dvd2avi open them properly.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just a suggestion. If your working with main movie VOB's only, just rename them to .MPG
    8)
    Quote Quote