VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Guyz i need your help! I've spent hours encoding an .avi file to .mpg then burnt it as a Video CD using Nero. I used the Memorex CD-R if that makes any difference and when I inserted the CD into my DVD Player, which is an RCA RC5215P, it said...the CD is incompatible with the DVD Player. But I remember reading somewhere on this site that RCA DVD Players are compatible with CD-R and *mabye* VCD. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? thanx!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This not a solution, but something you need to know. Check the "DVD Players" on menu at right and look up your DVD player.

From what I read so far, your player has a very hard time reading CD-Rs according to your fellow owners.

If any of them say they got it to play correctly, you may want to private message them directly, and get the details on how they were successful. Good luck!
    Hello.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well, i've just visited this website that check the DVD Player's compatibility:

http://www.impress4u.com/order-entry/DVD%20Player%20Compatibility%20List.htm

It said that it is compatible with VCD/CD-RW, but not VCD/CD-R and I have a CD-RW driver but I burned it using a CD-R. BUT here's what I don't get...I looked at the top of my DVD Player and it listed the types of discs that it can read (DVD, CD, VCD). Man...I have no clue what's going on now. Can anyone explain to me and or help me fix it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your manufacturer is saying that your player can play store bought VCDs, music CDs, as well as DVDs, of course. Did you check the compatibility of your player on this site? I took the liberty of posting the location:

http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=RCA&DVDselect=&Search=Search

Remember, your fellow users have the final say on whether or not this player does what it says. Good luck!
    Hello.
    Quote Quote