VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hiya,

To make a long story short I have a bunch of 700 MB .avi files. (700 MB give or take a few MB's) Anywho... I want to be able to get these 700 MB .avi files to be able to play on my DVD player. My DvD player DOES play VCD's. I need to get the 700 MB files encoded obviously but... I cant let it exceed over 700 MB's otherwise it wouldn't fit on a disc, any ideas?

Thanks for your time,

- J
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you need to encode to Standard compliant VCD, this works out at approx 10Mb per min of video, so an 80Min VCd will fit on an 80Min CDR. You can squeeze a bit more onto a CDR with overburn if your burner supports it. If the movies are longer than 80 min and you still want to put them on one disc you must encode at a lower bitrate. The problem here is that it will no longer be VCD compliant and so may not play in you DVD player. Only way to be sure is try it and see. To find what bitrate you need, use a bitrate calculator (go to tools section. left of this page)

Another option for non complaint VCD is Kwags templates, many people swear by them. Search the forum and you will find lots of info on them.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote