VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Im using virtual dub to capture video from a stand alone vhs recorder using a wintv card.

The problem is the playback sound is not loud enough and when you turn it up its to hissy, is there a way to turn up the recording volume or something ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Did you try turning up the volume in vituadub under audio? If that does't work open up your pc volume settings and turn up the volume for line-in
    Quote Quote  
  3. Just tryed turning the volume meter up in vdub and in the control panel didnt do any good.

I also turned the tv over to the video station and the sound quality playing from the video is very good no hissing, but when i turn back to the computer station where im capturing the video the sound quality is alot lower and hissy.

Its not terrible or anything its just i would prefer to have a backup as good as the original, and at the moment i cant turn the volume up very loud on my captures or its hissy
    Quote Quote  
  4. PS. Im sure its the way my capturing software is setup because all my divx movies i didnt capture myself the sound works great.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Try this. In the pc volume control settings select options and properties. select recording and make sure line-in is checked after you close the box a volume bar should appear make sure the volume level is high and make sure the box marked "select" is checked. Sometimes i could not get any sound in my captured files and this was the reason why.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Oh... the pc volume contol is the speaker icon on the bottom toolbar. in case you can't find it. Try it!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks I tryed that but still no luck.

I've noticed when in capture mode ( not recording just playing )
    the volume is hissy and low to.

So maybe its a hardware thing or something :(
    Quote Quote  
  8. PS I know where the volume controls are LOL :-)

The volume isnt that bad if i turn it down i dont hear any hiss its just i cant have it lound enough to hear really well without having the hiss.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Same problem here btvsuk. Cable input on WinTV works fine in Vdub, but the Composite input sound is terrible -- I have to crank the volume way up which produce a lot of hiss.

Didn't have a chance to try it last night, but I plan to run the audio through my stereo receiver/amp and then run it into the WinTV card. My thought is that perhaps the composite input sound is not being amplified properly and this may correct the problem. I'll let you know how it goes but if you get a chance to try (or already have) let me know how it turned out.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Yeah exactly i just relised it was my Video Player.

I dont get any sound reduction when i record from Satellite/Cable Tv only when i record from the Video Player.

I think the only way out of that is getting a better video player.
    Quote Quote