VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've burned out over fifty VCD's using Nero (version 5.5.7.8) without problem, but within the last couple weeks I've been getting error messages out the wazoo.
    It seems that every time I try to burn out the VCD an error pops up, after the buffer gets to about 4%. If I simply take out that CD and put in a new one, the process usually goes ahead smoothly. So basically only every other disc works, and I'm using twice as many of them as I used to.
    Three of the errors that keep popping up are "Internal Target Failure," "Session Fixation Error," "Invalid Writestate," "Could Not Perform Endtrack." Keep in mind these are coming up about thirty seconds in to the burn, with discs that Nero says are blank. Simulations complete fine, but the errors pop back up on the actual burn. Anyone else seen this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm using a brand new Yamaha 3200E-VK with Nero 5.5.5.8 (updated from 5.5. that came with the box) and XP.

I sometime get the "could not perform fixation" error. I don't know why. Maybe one in 50, not more. Otherwise, Nero is doing a great job.

I had a Ricoh before (8x) and never had that error... but I had a lot of buffer underrun (it came with the next generation of cdwriter... has usual when you buy something ).

danylab
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChonasMan
    I've burned out over fifty VCD's using Nero (version 5.5.7.8) without problem, but within the last couple weeks I've been getting error messages out the wazoo.
    It seems that every time I try to burn out the VCD an error pops up, after the buffer gets to about 4%. If I simply take out that CD and put in a new one, the process usually goes ahead smoothly. So basically only every other disc works, and I'm using twice as many of them as I used to.
    Three of the errors that keep popping up are "Internal Target Failure," "Session Fixation Error," "Invalid Writestate," "Could Not Perform Endtrack." Keep in mind these are coming up about thirty seconds in to the burn, with discs that Nero says are blank. Simulations complete fine, but the errors pop back up on the actual burn. Anyone else seen this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    are you dragging and dropping mpegs into nero? if so, you might want to try VCDeasy to make an image and either burn image in Nero, or use daemon tools to mount the image, and do direct cd copy with Nero.
    one of these methods might do a better job for you.
    I had 5.5.7.8 for about a week--I kept getting errors, so I downgraded back to 5.5.7.2--no more errors.
    good luck
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'll try that and let you know if it works. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi,

I got error a few time now and I think it's related to my hard disk starting up. I have 3 hd. Tonight, I was burning a vcd and preparing an image file of another with vcdeasy. When I started the image process, my 3rd hd started and I got that error with Nero.

So, I will increase the delay before powering down the hd.

I run now with 5.5.8.2

danylab
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I get a similar error message when trying to create a data CD full of photos. I have not yet tried to make an audio CD since this error showed up about a week ago.

15:02:10
    YAMAHA CRW8424E
    Invalid block address

15:02:16
    YAMAHA CRW8424E
    Invalid Writestate

15:02:16
    YAMAHA CRW8424E
    Could not perform endtrack

15:02:17
    Simulation failed at 8x (1,200 KB/s)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Removed - double post
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think I found a solution when creating these data disks. I use Nero to record an image first. Then I burn the image to the CD. Seems to be workng so far.
    Quote Quote  
  9. You're gonna LOVE THIS!!! I found 'the fix' ... and it's surprisingly simple. I kept getting 'fixation errors' intermittently. Changed drive layouts, uninstalled software, reinstalled, etc..
    Still, I would get these errors intermittently. And sometimes, one right after another.

You will not believe this. But, next time you get a fixation error, check which FOLDER in Windows Explorer is highlighted. Guaranteed ... it's the FOLDER you're burning to CD or DVD. For whatever reason, Nero (in my case) will NOT complete the cd/dvd if the source folder is being accessed by Windows Explorer.

I happened to notice this 'goofy' event and 'suspected' it may be the problem to fixation errors. Sure enough, I would delete something else and the file I was about to burn was suddenly highlighted in Windows Explorer. EVERY TIME that FOLDER was highlighted, I would get a fixation error. EVERY TIME I highlighted a DIFFERENT FOLDER, the disk would burn perfectly.

Again, I know this sounds TOO simple to be the problem. Remember, next time you get a fixation error, before doing anything else, check Windows Explorer and see what FOLDER is highlighted. I would guess the same would be true for those who use "My Computer" rather than Windows Explorer.

After you've discovered I'm right, please pass on the information to others who are having the same problem. I have a few hundred wasted cd's from 'rediculous' issues such as this. Hate to see anyone else have continued headaches.

Enjoy ...

FS
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    I have a problem with my DVD burner. it is Asus DRW-1608PS3.
    It wont burn dvds, i tried new firmware etc. dvd rw is not new, but it can read dvds and cds, and it can burn cds. then i tried to burn dvds and nero is constantly reporting internal target failure, i tried even other burning software and it doesnt work.
    can anybody help me please!
    thank you very much!
    gorved
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Even though you've somewhat rudely hijacked this thread with a post that doesn't even belong in this forum, I'll answer:

It sounds like the red laser is weak. Burning CDs uses lower power and (generally speaking) an IR laser, so successfully burning CDs does not mean that the hardware is healthy enough to burn DVDs. Burning a DVD requires impressively high red laser power. If you're using good media (e.g., Verbatim or Taiyo-Yuden), and no burning tool allows you to burn a DVD, then the likelihood of a bad burner only increases.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes, i did use Verbatim DVD. so, ill have to get a new burner.
    ok, thanks and sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No problem -- it's just that, aside from forum-etiquette considerations, it's also more likely that you'll get help for your specific problem if you start a brand-new thread.

Cheers!
    Quote Quote