Good day everybody,

I have a really tough decision in front of me, should I upgrade from my Nikon D3200 to a Sony A6300?

My big dream is that at some point in my life, I will start my own production company. I already started with some kind of work around it, but I had some issues sometimes with my D3200, because I bought it when I knew nothing about filmmaking and photography, I bought it because it was at the top of "Recommended" section - sad story...

For example, when I was shooting for a company on their event and it got darker, I could do nothing else, the only thing I could do is raise the ISO value - and the low light performance of the D3200 is not good, so it was really stressful time for me.

I even started a YouTube channel so I am able to train my video skills even when I don't have anything else to do and I found out there is another thing that annoys me aside from the low light performance - the autofocus. It's really hard to film yourself in front of a camera with that horrible autofocus the D3200 offers, so I have to use manual setting, but it limits my recording because I need to use the autofocus. It's also hard to set my framing without a tilt out screen.

I enjoy using the D3200 for taking photos, but sadly I can not say the same about the video, which I want to focus on. When taking photos, I don't need the camera to focus by itself, have a tilt out screen or extremely good low light performance, because I'm standing behind the camera and I can focus, compose or set the camera more easily than when I'm in front of it so I can't push that shutter button to focus, can't see what the camera sees without the tilt out screen, etc.

The Sony A6300 would make my work easier - really fast autofocus, great low light performance, and even when it does not have a tilt out screen, you are able to connect it to your phone and use that as a monitor.

But is it worth that amount of money? Most people tell me it's better to invest to lenses, but I don't know if it's a good decision in my case, when I know that once it will be necessary I won't be upgrading Nikon to Nikon for sure.

I'd appreciate your opinions and help.