VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I have several AVI videos with duration of almost 8 Hours. I need to burn them to Single Layer DVD (4.5GB). So, can you please suggest me a DVD Burning Software which gives minimum quality loss output Video.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess you want a real DVD-Video(that should work on most dvd players)? See https://www.videohelp.com/dvd#tech

8 hours on a single layer dvdr in dvd-video mode wont look good. But you can use free software like avstodvd and load your avis. Or try Convertxtodvd.

But I would recommend put it on at least 2 DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    ImgBurn for burning, but I think you want an encoder program instead.
    BTW, 8hrs of video on a DVD will be really low quality. And a single layer DVD holds about 4.37GB.

But you might try 1/2 D1 MPEG encoding to conserve a bit of quality. (352 x 480 pixels MPEG2)
    Maybe AVS2DVD for freeware or ConvertXtoDVD for pay if you want simple.

(Or what Baldrick said.
    Last edited by redwudz; 16th Feb 2017 at 03:08.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you very much for all replies. I'll try with the Softwares you have listed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Even at half-D1, which avstodvd does support I do not think you can get 8 hours on a single disk. I think it would max out at about 3-4 hours.

To get 8 hours you would have to consider vcd quality - a dvd recorder often supports a '10 hour' mode and this is essentially vcd. Not sure if avstodvd supports that.

Half-D1 is an acceptable viewing experience but vcd on a modern tv would, I guess, look, as has been stated, not very good at all.

So to put all these videos on to one disk is really making problems for yourself. Even with two disks you are still really restricted to half-D1
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFlick works best for me and have tested on three brands. Its free and opensource. Has quality control, but is a little slow (I think?)

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote