VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So i have a VPN that i pay for and i can watch global tv shows but when i try to download with ffmpeg or any other ripping program, it doesn't let me. I don't like using "Screen Recorders".. Any suggesting?

http://bigbrothercanada.globaltv.com/watch/episode-32

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    The video can be downloaded with livestreamer. Canadian IP needed to get m3u8 url.

**Edit:
    The above method only applies to some video clips on the bigbrothercanada which don't have hls flashAccess drm.
    Last edited by ponens; 18th Feb 2017 at 23:26.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    Originally Posted by monsterbubble View Post
    Code:
    http://bigbrothercanada.globaltv.com/watch/episode-32
    The video can be downloaded with livestreamer. Best quality is 960x540 (1.19GB). Canadian IP needed to get m3u8 url.
    I had downloaded livestreamer before but idk how to use it lol. Suggesting?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    I had downloaded livestreamer before but idk how to use it.
    The basic format to execute livestreamer with a m3u8 url, where * is the m3u8 url:

livestreamer "hlsvariant://*" best -o output.ts

**Edit:
    The above method only applies to some video clips on the bigbrothercanada which don't have hls flashAccess drm.
    Last edited by ponens; 18th Feb 2017 at 23:26.
    Quote Quote  
  5. . .
    Last edited by sysanin; 17th Feb 2017 at 14:05.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sysanin View Post
    Hi ponens

May be You downloading from a different server
    I have only globaltvdrm.smdg.ca

Code:
    http://globaltvdrm.smdg.ca/1024/103/631  ... xdf729c232a474cecbf0657ceda574af1.m3u8
    "application/x-mpegURL" height="540" width="960" security="flashAccess"

Same! I keep getting that also. Anyway to bypass it?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Bump! help! I wanna watch episodes.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    I had downloaded livestreamer before but idk how to use it.
    The basic format to execute livestreamer with a m3u8 url, where * is the m3u8 url:

livestreamer "hlsvariant://*" best -o output.ts
    I keep getting this

Quote Quote  
  9. Member Emeritus
    Search PM

I keep getting this

It seems that some of the clips there have hls with flashAccess. Avoid those.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by ponens View Post

I keep getting this

It seems that some of the clips there have hls with flashAccess. Avoid those.

Can you PM and give more details on this.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I really need to watch these before the new season begins in March. Ugh! I need a solution tonight. Help! Someone PM or tell me step by step on getting the link to work. keeps getting no data returned from stream. Idk what else to do.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    Downloading videos from the bigbrothercanada site is not as easy as I initially indicated. Some videos have drm, some don't.

Getting the key for videos that use hls with flashAccess is not a straightforward process that lends itself to easy explanation. There aren't an enumerable series of discrete steps. Rather, it is more a case of trial and error because of the way memory is sand-boxed by flashAccess. It involves taking snapshots of memory and searching for the key. For 30+ episodes of bigbrothercanada, this could take a long time.

Either give up, or do the long tedious work of deriving the key separately for each video. Or, just download the shorter videos using a mobile user-agent. Those don't have any drm.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    Downloading videos from the bigbrothercanada site is not as easy as I initially indicated. Some videos have drm, some don't.

Getting the key for videos that use hls with flashAccess is not a straightforward process that lends itself to easy explanation. There aren't an enumerable series of discrete steps. Rather, it is more a case of trial and error because of the way memory is sand-boxed by flashAccess. It involves taking snapshots of memory and searching for the key. For 30+ episodes of bigbrothercanada, this could take a long time.

Either give up, or do the long tedious work of deriving the key separately for each video. Or, just download the shorter videos using a mobile user-agent. Those don't have any drm.
    Well if that's the case how come you were able to download episode 32 quick?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    I don't know the criteria that the player uses to determine whether to play with drm or not. After you and another forum member posted drm logs, I tried to investigate. I have been unable to play episode 32 without drm again. I'm not in canada and I don't have a vpn. I've already spent a few hours trying to figure it out using a slow proxy. It could be a user-agent setting or alternate pid. If you want to spend some time investigating it yourself, try those.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    I don't know the criteria that the player uses to determine whether to play with drm or not. After you and another forum member posted drm logs, I tried to investigate. I have been unable to play episode 32 without drm again. I'm not in canada and I don't have a vpn. I've already spent a few hours trying to figure it out using a slow proxy. It could be a user-agent setting or alternate pid. If you want to spend some time investigating it yourself, try those.
    Thanks for you're help. I'm sorry for being a bug lol. I'll try it out and let you know if i get it working.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by ponens View Post

Maybe this can help

Quote Quote