VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got a new BD player yesterday, and solved a problem with that step frame by frame did not work unless burning directly to memory drive.
    So doing this it behaves like if on a DVD disc in navigating.

What is different exactly in doing this?

What I could se it was two MTS files, instead of one. One 9 MB and one 270 MB or so.
    AVCHD folder was below a PRIVATE folder, or a BDMV folder between as well etc- don't remember exactly.

It's just a short test video to learn stuff, 90s long, so no need to split into many files at all.

Does one file contain navigation stuff for player, or?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The AVCHD spec, which is what I think you are referring to, is meant to facilitate the full consumer video experience. It does so using not just specifically formatted encodings, but metadata and a strict file & folder structure. In order to work properly, ALL those elements must be present and in their proper places.

Copy the whole file structure from the root on down.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    The AVCHD spec, which is what I think you are referring to, is meant to facilitate the full consumer video experience. It does so using not just specifically formatted encodings, but metadata and a strict file & folder structure. In order to work properly, ALL those elements must be present and in their proper places.

Copy the whole file structure from the root on down.

Scott
    From Panasonic manual:
    "It is not possible to play back AVCHD and MPEG2 videos which has been dragged and dropped or copied and pasted to the media"

Don't know if there are any hidden files, or if files are having a special allocation table or something - but burning direct to media everything works.
    The playback worked just putting files on there - but special features like stepping by frame only worked if burned directly.

So player seem to recognize something is different.

I started using Xbox One, which I thought should work well - but abandoned that idea and got a real standalone player that also support SDHC and USB devices apart from discs like DVD or BD.

I just continue burn to media, just curious what is happening and understanding it all.
    If to save many versions on disc maybe iso images might be ways to go.

Thank you for input.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I found this:
    http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-141361.html

So maybe only difference is that memory sticks for usb or sdhc cards are fat32 with 8+3 filenames as caps.
    So long file names must be renamed if moving a structure from a optical disc.

M2TS=MTS
    CLPI=CPI
    MPLS=MPL
    MovieObject.bdmv=MOVIEOBJ.BDM
    index.bdmv=INDEX.BDM

So will test if this works dragging a structure over to memory cards and just rename stuff.

Premiere Elements does not have burning to memory cards of full discs with menu and chapter navigation - so look forward to getting this to sdhc or usb.
    Quote Quote