VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have more than 1,000 ts files that I ripped from HDV. Could anyone tell me how to convert them to m2ts files?

I know I can use tsMuxeR to remux one by one. But I want to convert them all.

The reason for converting is that google photos recognizes m2ts files but not ts file.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Is the reason only the filename extension? Or is there really a difference in the file structure (e.g. M2TS with timestamp, 192 bytes per block, in contrast to 188 bytes per block without timestamp in TS) that is required by this tool?

Usually, if someone asks for "batch conversion", the first idea would be "ffmpeg". In this case, using "-mpegts_m2ts_mode 1" as additional parameter would probably help creating some more or less Blu-ray compatible structure (but I don't know if more parameters are required).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Google photos won't take ts files but does take m2ts that I remuxed using tsmuxer with default setting (no-re encoding). Can I simply change the file extension?

Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    Is the reason only the filename extension? Or is there really a difference in the file structure (e.g. M2TS with timestamp, 192 bytes per block, in contrast to 188 bytes per block without timestamp in TS) that is required by this tool?

Does ffmpeg convert without re encoding?

Usually, if someone asks for "batch conversion", the first idea would be "ffmpeg". In this case, using "-mpegts_m2ts_mode 1" as additional parameter would probably help creating some more or less Blu-ray compatible structure (but I don't know if more parameters are required).
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by tangyue View Post
    Can I simply change the file extension?
    Why don't you test it on a short sample ?

If not, the batch file in this post should work, just change the .mts to .ts in the 2nd line

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/378187-Tsmuxer-Batch-Processing?p=2442245&viewfull=1#post2442245
    Quote Quote