VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an audio track I want to add to a video. The prints are of the same cut, but the audio has (don't know if there's a term for it) longer instances of silence in between the dialogue/sound effects. Probably something to do with scene changes or the video having less frames. It looks like I might have to edit as I sync, as opposed to just trying to stretch/shrink the audio to suit.

I'm just curious which programs/tools are recommended to accomplish such things? I've synced audio in the past, but it's been a while. So there may be improved ways to do it.

I have experimented with Audacity (deleting the excess silence so the tracks match), but that seems like it could be more time consuming compared to other options, and it lacks the option to view the results as you edit.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. This task is one of those where dealing with the problem is either free - or expensive - with nothing in between!

'Free' - you've already mentioned (you can do the same with most audio editors, but it's time consuming).

'Easy and automatic' you can use this: https://www.redgiant.com/products/pluraleyes/ .. but as you can see, it's not cheap.

Maybe one of the other contributors here can suggest something else?.. It would be nice if there is something else like Pluraleyes - but a bit cheaper...
    Last edited by pippas; 29th Jan 2017 at 07:15.
    Quote Quote