VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey all, I'm trying to recreate an audio effect using Sony Vegas but I'm having trouble identifying what it is. It's some sort of reverb effect but I can't seem to figure out just how to recreate it. Possibly reverb mixed with delay? I don't know... Could anyone help at all? I've attached a snippet of the audio effect in question (it's from Dragon Ball Z Kai, btw) and any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated (also, if this isn't the place to ask this sort of thing, please let me know). I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 13, but I'm open to using outside programs if I have to.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. As you say, it's a mixture of delay (echo) and reverb. I don't use Vegas so I can't suggest anything there... but it's simple enough to do in Audacity, the free audio editor.
    Simply import your clip and then select 'Delay' and 'Reverb' from the drop down 'Effect' menu. All the parameters are adjustable, so you can 'tweak' the settings - and then preview - to get to what you need.
    You could try both ways round, but I suspect using delay first will probably get you closer to your sample clip....
    Quote Quote  
  3. download nastydla and epicverb here...

https://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/downloads/

these plugins should work on vegas.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by pippas View Post
    As you say, it's a mixture of delay (echo) and reverb. I don't use Vegas so I can't suggest anything there... but it's simple enough to do in Audacity, the free audio editor.
    Simply import your clip and then select 'Delay' and 'Reverb' from the drop down 'Effect' menu. All the parameters are adjustable, so you can 'tweak' the settings - and then preview - to get to what you need.
    You could try both ways round, but I suspect using delay first will probably get you closer to your sample clip....
    Thank you, I'll mess around with the settings a bit more and see if I can't recreate it accurately.

Thanks for answering, you two, I appreciate the help.
    Quote Quote