VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. im trying to encode a file in staxrip and i read it would be for the best to enable lookahead for the best results but i have added the command and keeps failing
    Quote Quote  
  2. "keeps failing" is not a good error description. Post your settings, show error message/log. You didn't even say what encoder you are using.
    Quote Quote  
  3. i found the following on another site but when i copy and paste the command for activating lookahead i get an error, im sure im just doing it wrong ...

NVEnc v2.08 update by rigaya
    ---
    Because finally NVENC SDK 7.0 has been published today, the implementation so that it can be used only part somehow in the rush job. So did not have time, please note that not be barely tested in the fullest only implementation.
    Basically, should that become such Lookahead and AQ is available. The bottom line of the 10bit is there also implement the likely time-consuming...
    ---
    And responding to NVENC SDK 7.0
    Requires NVIDIA graphics driver 368.69 or later

- Added an option of additional features in SDK 7.0.

--vbr-quality <int> (NVEncC only)
    It sets the target quality at the time of VBR mode use. (0-51, 0 = automatic)

--lookahead <int>
    To enable the lookahead, to specify the target range by the number of frames. (0-32)
    With help to improve the image quality, adaptive I, B frame insertion is enabled.

--no-i-apapt (NVEncC only)
    lookahead to disable the adaptive I-frame insertion at the time of effectiveness.

--no-b-apapt (NVEncC only)
    lookahead to disable the adaptive B-frames insertion at the time of effectiveness.

--strict-gop (NVEncC only)
    To force a fixed GOP length.

--enable-ltr (NVEncC only)
    LTR the (Long Term Reference pictures) to enable.

--aq
    To enable the adaptive quantization of the frame (spatial direction). (Default: off)

--aq-temporal
    To enable the adaptive quantization between the frame (time direction). (Default: off)

--aq-strength <int>
    To specify the AQ strength. (1 (weak) to 15 (strong), 0 = automatic)]
    Quote Quote