VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.

I've been getting these graphic glitches with my Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 lately (a couple months now). At first it happened only once every few hours. Nowadays it has extended to maybe once every 30 minutes. Here's a sample of the graphic glitch I'm talking about (happens @ around 0:15): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxKqQVsldfzXbElsMTUxTVloZXM

I thought it's my Hauppauge dying so I got an Elgato HD60 just a couple days ago. Turns out, Elgato gives me even worse graphic glitch - the same glitch but happens every few minutes. So I am guessing it has nothing to do with either the Hauppauge or the Elgato but has to do with my laptop? I have captured many games in full for years now using the Hauppauge HD-PVR 2 without issues. Which means the issue shouldn't be due to my laptop's performance I think?

Hope someone can shed some light on what's causing this kind of graphic glitches and how I can get rid of it. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just what you system hardware spec and*OS*?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi. I have:

Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.4GHz
    16 GB RAM
    Windows 8.1 64-bit

I remember something else. I used to use the software that came with Hauppauge, the Hauppauge Capture. And it had issues so I switched to the software ArcSoft Showbiz which is used for Hauppauge the older version. And this software gave me no issues whatsoever. But for some reason, after using it for awhile, it started to give me this error "Device is not available, or being used by another application." After that, I got GamerCap. It worked fine for awhile and then started giving me the same graphic glitches again like Hauppauge Capture did.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is your input source ?.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    PlayStation 4 using HDMI cable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just wondering have try new or even a diff HDMI cable from PS4 to HD-PVR 2 ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yep. I have tried one different cable but didn't help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The only thing I can think of is got be your motherboard maybe some bad cap or power supply I try test a diff system as look like you get packet loss in the data steam
    Quote Quote  
  9. I only have had Hauppauge devices. i got errors like that when i left it plugged in, then tried to capture. After being uinplugged for a few minutes, it would work again fine. I also found that it can cause glitches if you leave the folder open that videos are recorded to, as when it refreshes the videos get glitchy.

The other problem i had was the hdd, i purchased hdd regenerator and it found errors on my drive. I now defrag my drive before capture and have no more problems.

Hope it helps.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. I'll give them a try!!
    Quote Quote