VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I purchased a licensed copy of AnydvdHD (bought clone dvd and bd in package as well) for $120 Euro in late 2015. The license included 2 years free updates. Slysoft would advise when updates were available and you downloaded the new version which installed over the top of current version. Slysoft closed down in 2016 and reopened as Redfox. I had updated the software a couple of times without a hitch, but early 2016, i received my usual update notice which i downloaded. There was no mention that the company had changed to Redfox in the notice but when i downloaded the "update" they sent me a useless trial version of anydvdhd which overrode my licensed version. When I contacted Redfox, their reply was tuff, you have to buy it again. I had used the software for less than 6 months when they stole it and they expect me to fork out another $180Au ($120Eu) to get it back. Are there others out there that were ripped of by those pricks? Can anybody suggest any ways I can recover the software. I only want AnydvdHD, as I use it with Handbrake. I find Clonedvd & bd a pain to use!

Cheers Scorpiogold
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    See here - https://www.videohelp.com/software/AnyDVD
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your reply, I have visited Redfox's site many times already. The software is still on offer for $120Euro. I have already purchased it for that price, but they stole it back a few months later by sending me a trial version disguised as an update. I did the right thing by them by purchasing their software rather than finding pirated stuff and they thanked me by ripping me off. They were fully aware that the so called update they sent me was a trial version of Anydvdhd and that it would delete my licensed copy. This is dishonest and deceitful. Redfox is not a company that can be trusted and i am very reluctant to pay another $120Euro for software i have already paid for

Scorpiogold
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you saved any of the Anydvd updates, uninstall anydvd then run the latest update you have that starts with V7 not with V8.

When you run Anydvd, it will show there is an update. Don't select it as it will install the Redfox update which is a V8 version..

It may not work with some of the latest DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    DVDFab has a program that works in a similar manner, called DVDFab Passkey for Blu-ray. Its $50.

If you want a free solution, you'll have to rip to the hard drive first, before using Handbrake on the movie. Use MakeMKV to rip as an MKV file and convert to the size and format you want using Handbrake. MakeMKV can also rip a Blu-ray in its original format if you use Backup mode.

MakeMKV is free while in beta and has been in beta for years. It says you only have a limited amount of time, but all you have to do is install the latest version as they are released, or put in a new beta key, which can be found here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you're recommending MakeMKV, there is a file called "libmmbd.dll" or "libmmbd64.dll" (for 64 bit Handbrake) in the MakeMKV directory. If you take that and create copies/symbolic links of/to it to "libaacs.dll" AND "libbdplus.dll" in the Handbrake directory it will allow Handbrake to access the Blu Rays directly without needing AnyDVD and without needing to rip the contents to MKV first.

DVD is a different matter. VlideoLan has it's libdvdcss dll that you can also put in the Handbrake directory to allow direct DVD decryption. I don't think it works all that well against the newer structure protections on some newer DVDs but for basic decryption of some discs it should work fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does this = " AnyDVD HD 8.0.9.0 " use the old anydvd key, or is this a 'redfox' update? (https://www.videohelp.com/software/AnyDVD) <- is shown as updated 12-26-16, after slysoft was dissolved.

(fwiw, I am still using the 2nd or 3rd version from the end of slysoft's versions, only on dvd's. No unrippable dvds so far. Just have to rip whole disk to hdd (as vob) and, yes, still using dvdshrink)
    Last edited by cornemuse; 5th Jan 2017 at 10:49. Reason: feng shui
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Slysoft keys only work with <= 7.6.9.5.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you to all who offered their experience and advice to me , regarding anydvdhd. A special thank you to Megahurts. I did as you sugested and found all the saved files. I reinstalled 7.6.9.5, at first it didn't work as i was trying to back up a very recent movie. it show error message, fail to connect with host. I have since tried it on media, a year or more old and it works fine
    I used MakeMKV to rip the above movie to my hard drive. At 90gig it took a while, but worked, I then used handbreak to convert the main title to a high quality 1920x1080, 4gig h264, which plays nicely.
    Thank you for the links to other software and useful sites, I will purchase DVDFab Passkey, at $50, it less than half the cost of anydvd
    I did try to put my license key into the redfox software, but that does not work, but it is still good for the slysoft product. (version 7)

Many thanks, scorpiogold.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Why don't you keep using MakeMKV instead of bying DVDFab Passkey?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Replying to sneaker, I was about to ask whats necessary and whats a waste of money. MakeMKV did the job, I ripped two movies with it. One was 89.8G and the other was 52G. Is there a way to only rip the movie file? I haven't played with it much at this stage to see whats possible. Is FabDVD Passkey necessary?

Replying to Kerry, Is FabDVD Passkey always $50, Their website lists it as $52.80 at present, which is half price and discount is withdrawn in a day or two, is that a re-occuring discount or is it likely to be gone soon? Also does FabDVD Passkey work in the background with any software or does it work only with FabDVD software?
    Thanks guys, Scorpiogold.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by scorpiogold View Post
    Also does FabDVD Passkey work in the background with any software or does it work only with FabDVD software.
    DVDFab Passkey works with any software. Last year, I tried DVDFabPasskey with an older version of Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra which Cyberlink is no longer patching for new Blu-ray releases. After installing DVDFab Passkey, my out-of-date edition of PowerDVD Ultra could play a Blu-ray disc which it had previously been unable to play play.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  13. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If MakeMKV won't isolate the main video, two other programs I use: BDInfo to find the main movie and other extras,
    and tsMuxeR GUI. tSmuxeR can demux just the main video after BDInfo identifies it. Both can work with a decrypted BD file or decrypted BD disc. Not really that hard to use and gives you some customization if you want.
    Quote Quote