VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,I am using MPH-HC v1.7.10 64 bits and windows 8.
    when i playing video and pull a ass file to mph-hc,the ass file will replace the video.look like the image
    Click image for larger version

Name:	t.png
Views:	299
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	39833
    In past,when video playing ,i just put .ass into mph ,the subtitle will show with video.I can't do it now.
    how to let the mkv and ass work together? thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. It only works with the "Internal Subtitle Renderer" (ISR). Select it via Playback->Options->Output.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you.
    are you say this page ?

Views:	209
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	39834
    i had use ISR,but it doesn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes, that setting. I don't know why it doesn't work for you. Is only this specific ass file affected? Do srt files work? Does the ass file work if you put it in the same folder as the video file and name it as the video file (except .ass extension)?
    Quote Quote  
  5. i just try .srt file ,it is same situation with .ass
    the .ass and .mkv is in same folder.
    And name look like that, abc.mkv , abc.ass .
    Quote Quote  
  6. Did you select/enable subtitles while playing the video? While playing the video, on the menu, select Play -> Subtitles -> Enable, And Play -> Subtitles -> subtitle track name.

If you don't have the menu enabled right click on the video while playing and select Subtitles -> Enable...
    Quote Quote  
  7. MPC-HC should automatically enable subtitles when you drag&drop them.
    Quote Quote  
  8. yes , i go to menu when the video playing ,and it show me that
    Name:  t.png
Views: 707
Size:  9.3 KB
    subtitle track can not use
    Am i go to wrong place ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Look carefully at the subtitle track name to make sure there isn't an extra space or a dot in the wrong place. What I do is copy the name of the video and then paste it to the sub to make sure they really match.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  10. I just don't understand it. It shouldn't be happening as long as "Internal Subtitle Renderer" is chosen. Maybe the settings are somehow screwed up?

Try to reset settings:
    1. Close player
    2. Delete "mpc-hc64.ini" (same folder as "mpc-hc64.exe", only exists when "Options">"Player" "Store settings in .ini file" is ticked)
    3. Delete MPC-HC registry keys (run attached file or manually delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest)
    Also try:
    4. Latest MPC-HC nightly build
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. Go to windows explorer settings and turn off the "hide extensions for known file types" so you can see all filename extensions. Then make sure your ass file is really an ass file. Open the ass file with Notepad. Can you read it?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I would like to thank you,one and all.
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Look carefully at the subtitle track name to make sure there isn't an extra space or a dot in the wrong place. What I do is copy the name of the video and then paste it to the sub to make sure they really match.
    I try copy two name,and play but don't work

Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    I just don't understand it. It shouldn't be happening as long as "Internal Subtitle Renderer" is chosen. Maybe the settings are somehow screwed up?

Try to reset settings:
    1. Close player
    2. Delete "mpc-hc64.ini" (same folder as "mpc-hc64.exe", only exists when "Options">"Player" "Store settings in .ini file" is ticked)
    3. Delete MPC-HC registry keys (run attached file or manually delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest)
    Also try:
    4. Latest MPC-HC nightly build
    it doesn't provide button to let me tick.

Views:	181
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	39858

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Go to windows explorer settings and turn off the "hide extensions for known file types" so you can see all filename extensions. Then make sure your ass file is really an ass file. Open the ass file with Notepad. Can you read it?
    i open the .ass file as notepad , and i see it is a ass file.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by kk9 View Post
    I just don't understand it. It shouldn't be happening as long as "Internal Subtitle Renderer" is chosen...
    It's in the Playback section (left pane), bottom of the right pane.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by kk9 View Post
    I just don't understand it. It shouldn't be happening as long as "Internal Subtitle Renderer" is chosen...
    Do you mean it ?

Views:	184
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	39862
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by kk9 View Post
    i open the .ass file as notepad , and i see it is a ass file.
    Please upload the file.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by kk9 View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by kk9 View Post
    Do you mean it ?
    No, the same dialog you pictured last time.

[Attachment 39863 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  17. He doesn't have that box because his MPC-HC isn't outdated. It was replaced by the subtitle renderer selection drop-down menu you see in his screenshot in post #3.

Anyways, I think he meant the "Store settings in .ini file" box. It is greyed out which is okay (means no writing rights). To reset settings he just has to run the .reg file (or manually delete the registry keys).
    Last edited by sneaker; 9th Dec 2016 at 07:21.
    Quote Quote