VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. A couple days ago I had purchased The First Season of Daredevil the Netflix Series on Blu-Ray (recently released, Brand New), when I tried playing it, I encountered a problem that I've never had before. For some reason when the Blu-Ray gets to the Main Menu, the screen cuts to black and the blu-ray freezes. It happened with all four discs. I loaded a different Blu-Ray to see if there was a problem with the Player, but everything else I tried worked fine. I had a buddy of mine test Daredevil on their Xbox One and they had absolutely no problems getting it to work properly. I did some reading online and found out that sometimes old Blu-Ray players don't play new release properly because the player's firmware may be outdated. I've played other new releases on it lately and never had an issue like this before, so I figure that MUST be what the problem is. I have an old Magnavox Blu-Ray player, Model No: nb500mg1f. It doesn't have built in wi-fi, so I burned the latest firmware update on a CD-R disc and put it in the Player, hoping it would resolve my problem. However, I'm having another issue; with the updating process. When I try updating the firmware with my disc, the loading software box pops up on the screen and the loading bar fills up. But nothing happens after that. It says 100% loaded and that's it. There's a second part to the installation where it updates the player, even says so on the screen, but that's not happening at all. I tried this more than once and even tried leaving it on overnight. Nothing. For some reason if I turn the TV off when it's loading the update, the lights on the Blu-Ray player blink, which supposedly means that the Player is updating. I've read one other thread on here where this happened with the exact same Blu-Ray player model, but nobody had responded to it. I'm not sure what to do. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please do not post the same question in other threads,i deleted that thread.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks john0, you've been a tremendous help. october262, this is exactly what I did, in fact they're the exact instructions I followed. But the BluRay Player still doesn't finish the installation process.
    Quote Quote