VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. I didn't apply one sharpening filter or anything, so I'll assume that the few illegal colors are because of the YV12 blur.

Yes, when editing you sometimes let brights blow out in order to bring out detail in the rest of the picture. Or conversely, let black crush to bring out detail in brighter parts of the picture.
    At the cost of going a bar above or below the 0-100 luminance scale on a home video? You do this sometimes?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by CZbwoi View Post
    I didn't apply one sharpening filter or anything, so I'll assume that the few illegal colors are because of the YV12 blur.
    Sharpening could be from the camera itself. I don't think you resized the frame but many resizers create halos too.

Originally Posted by CZbwoi View Post
    Yes, when editing you sometimes let brights blow out in order to bring out detail in the rest of the picture. Or conversely, let black crush to bring out detail in brighter parts of the picture.
    At the cost of going a bar above or below the 0-100 luminance scale on a home video? You do this sometimes?
    Yes. If the bright parts of the picture don't contain any detail you care about it doesn't matter if they get blown out.
    Quote Quote