VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. Please help...it's been bugging me for ages. You see when I rip mp3's from a CD or I've been given the mp3's from a friend, when I try to get the media info for the file from Microsoft using WMP, when I try to play the mp3 on my smart tv, the artwork for every mp3 won't show, whereas if I've purchased the mp3 from Amazon and play that file on my smart tele, the artwork will show.
    How and where can I get the artwork for each mp3 so it will show on my tele for the mp3's I havent purchased?
    Regards,
    Richard Steed
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There are a couple of ways in which artwork may be associated with and viewed in relation to mp3/aac/etc. audio files.

1. If using a container format, it could be muxed together (as a separate still picture or 1-frame video stream) into the container along with the audio file.
    2. It could be using tags (ID3, APE, SMIL, etc), but as we know, there is confusion & inconsistency because e.g. there are ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags and they are independent (one is prepended at head of file and other is appended at tail) and incompatible.
    3. It could be using a "sidecar" file (aka a companion picture file that is downloaded & stored in the same folder along with the audio file. They usually have exactly the same name (only extension is different) which is how they are able to be "paired".

Your ripping could be doing it one way and your tv could be recognizing a different way. Also, MediaInfo wouldn't understand sidecar files.

There are plenty of places to get the artwork (and I'm not going to direct you there), the HARD part is figuring out which system is used and preparing it properly.

What does MI say about your Amazon-purchased files? Your ripped files? (examples...)

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's not a sidecar because when I view all the files on my smart tv, all the files are in the same folder,all single mp3s.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    You still haven't told us what MediaInfo says about the MP3s whose "cover art" images are recognized by your Smart TV.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 12th Nov 2016 at 04:19. Reason: my English is sucking today
    Quote Quote  
  5. This is the info about files that have their artwork displayed on my smart tv....
    MPEG AUDIO 1.13 MiB 33s 436 ms Overall bitrate mode...Variable overall bitrate 213 kb/s part position 1

Complete name : I:\Music\Ray Russell\Ray-Russell-A Touch of Frost\01 Frost Theme Opening.mp3
    Format : MPEG Audio
    File size : 1.13 MiB
    Duration : 33 s 436 ms
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 213 kb/s
    Album : Ray/Russell/A Touch of Frost
    Album/Performer : Ray Russell
    Part/Position : 1
    Part/Total : 1
    Track name : Frost Theme Opening
    Track name/Position : 1
    Track name/Total : 23
    Performer : Ray Russell
    Composer : Hiseman Jon
    Genre : Classical
    Recorded date : 2004
    Writing library : LAME3.97
    Copyright : (C) 2003 Yorkshire Television LTD
    Cover : Yes
    Cover type : Cover (front)
    Cover MIME : image/jpeg
    Comment : Amazon.com Song ID: 217127988
    Quote Quote  
  6. And this is the one that doesnt show on my tele

Complete name : I:\Music\Tiffany\Tiffany\08 Promises Made.mp3
    Format : MPEG Audio
    File size : 4.53 MiB
    Duration : 4 min 52 s
    Overall bit rate mode : Constant
    Overall bit rate : 128 kb/s
    Album : Tiffany
    Album/Performer : Tiffany
    Track name : Promises Made
    Track name/Position : 8
    Performer : Tiffany
    Composer : John Duarte/Mark Paul
    Publisher : Universal/MCA
    Genre : Pop
    Recorded date : 1987
    Cover : Yes
    Cover description : thumbnail
    Cover type : Cover (front)
    Cover MIME : image/jpeg
    Comment : Editado por Ariel_d55
    Quote Quote  
  7. So why isn't the artwork on some of mp3's showing on my windows media player and not my smart tv?
    Quote Quote