VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Everytime I try and convert any blu-ray movie I have from Lionsgate and try and play it, I get this in the beginning, usually about 4 minutes into the video. Anyone know how to remove it?

I am using AnyDVD HD 8.0.4.0 and Handbrake. And yes, I turned off AnyDVD when viewing this....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	copyright.png
Views:	587
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	39242
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see this all the time with dvdfab. It's a Java protection issue.
    Any dvd will need an update.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, that's about standard from Lionsgate. You can sometimes try different playlist selections and avoid it.
    I usually see that about 11 - 15 minutes into the re-encoded BD file.
    Even if you scan past it, some of the video will be jumbled and out of order.

I've used BDInfo and then tsMuxeR to try to find the correct playlist .mpls file to avoid it, but it's a bit of work.

VidCoder and most other converters usually get the wrong .mpls file by default for Lionsgate BDs.
    And for some of my Lionsgate BDs I tried to back up, I never found the correct .mpls combination.

And welcome to our forums.
    Last edited by redwudz; 3rd Nov 2016 at 17:08.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Yea it so weird that its just Lionsgate that is doing it, and I know there's another update to AnyDVD, but in the release notes, this is not addressed, and thin its what redwudz says
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's not AnyDVDs fault or other decrypter. If you look through the actual .mpls files with BDInfo,
    you will see multiple versions of the movie listed, all about the same length.
    Try one that is just a bit shorter by the length that the warning page runs.
    Then run that through tsMuxeR Gui and save it as 'TS muxing' format, then put it back in Handbrake or VidCoder.

Sometimes works, but newer LG BDs seem to really jumble it up.

EDIT: I changed your thread title to make it easier for other to search for similar topics, as per our rules.

Moderator redwudz
    Last edited by redwudz; 3rd Nov 2016 at 17:55.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It would appear that the protections were not properly removed using 8.0.4.0 and that version is now 2 months old. A number of beta and official updates have been released in the meantime. Rule number one when a problem is encountered is to update to the latest release. There's no reason not to. Update to the latest release and see if the problem persists. If it does then post to the official RedFox forums and ask the developers for assistance.
    Quote Quote