VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    [success] .. see post # 3

After searching around for a Windows 7 driver, I believe to have found one, but am having trouble installing it.

In the device manager windows, the entry for "VideoXpress V2 Analog Capture" has a yellow exlamation point, and the Diginal Signer: says "Not digitally signed".

I read somewhere that you can complete these types of installation but I don't know how.

How do I bypass or over-ride the windows digital signature so that this driver installs ?
    Last edited by vhelp; 30th Oct 2016 at 21:54.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I never got the program to work with W7, I installed XP on a unused PC and it worked OK with that.
    But you might be able to turn off 'User Account Control Settings (UAC)' and try that.

But turn them back on when not using the program.
    Look in 'Control Panel>>Action Center>Change User Account Control settings'.
    Also use 'Run as Administrator' when installing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    solved -- driver installation successful

Hi, I did finally get it working on the laptop with windows 7 home premium 64bit. I just did a few captures. Not bad for a rinky-dink capture card. Its a "hardware mpeg" device about half the size of a cigarette pack. Anyway. It looks good.

I followed these instructions for the digital signature issue, and the driver finally loaded. I was very happy to see it listed in virtualdub.

So, now I can capture lossless with it, too, to my surprise.

f: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/how-to-i-t...5-8e23d60f3daa
    s: How to I turn off digital signature?

To turn OFF the Digital signature do these steps:-
    1. Open the Command Prompt window by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then Right clicking Command Prompt and select
    "Run as Administrator".
    2. On the Command Prompt type in the command “Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON” without the quotes.
    This will disable the Digital Signature.
    For more information on Digital Signature, check this link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Windows7/What-is-a-digital-signature
    To turn Digital signature on, follow these steps:
    1. Open the Command Prompt window by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then Right clicking Command Prompt and select
    "Run as Administrator".
    2. On the Command Prompt type in the command “Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks OFF” without the quotes.
    This will enable the Digital Signature.
    Regards
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Good to know. I backed up a dozen or so VHS tapes to MPG video with the device and tossed the tapes
    and I am now VHS free.

It was adequate for my purposes after my ADVC-100 died. I still keep the one XP PC around for some old programs.
    Quote Quote