VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi guys new here how is everyone? I am brand new to video editing but I've been a pc enthusiast forever and been burning discs for years.

What I have - an iso blu Ray image of a transfer from a 35mm film reel from the 80s in 1080p. It plays well when I mount it or use software on my pc so I'm going to burn to blu Ray soon however it has the usual problems from film scans of that era. Noise flickering some dirt spots and shaky scenes sometimes.

What I want to do - stabilize the picture somewhat. Eliminate some of the noise 50% or more of possible and the same for the flickering. And then no real colour correction after except a few minor things.

My knowledge - zero. But I'm a fast learner I have Sony vegas pro 13 can I do these things on this? Any other reccomendations are helpful but must be free to use programs that let u save results and keep 1080p.

Thanks . Dan.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might look into a fork of VirtualDub.
    I've used it with some success with my HD .MOV videos. It has many filters available.

I output in near lossless Grass Valley HQX format, then convert to the desired final format.

https://sourceforge.net/p/vdfiltermod/wiki/Home/

Other members may have better advice.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote