VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, dear all.

How to Rip Closed Caption from Blu-ray / HD-DVD / CBHD Video Content?

I know how to extract subtitles from regular DVD's. After rip dvd to PC, I can use VSRip or ccextractor to get the closed caption into srt format, for example.

But for Blu-ray / HD-DVD / CBHD does exist such thing? Do we have any program that can extract / read closed caption from such material?

Thanks,

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by devilcoelhodog View Post
    Hello, dear all.

How to Rip Closed Caption from Blu-ray / HD-DVD / CBHD Video Content?

I know how to extract subtitles from regular DVD's. After rip dvd to PC, I can use VSRip or ccextractor to get the closed caption into srt format, for example.

But for Blu-ray / HD-DVD / CBHD does exist such thing? Do we have any program that can extract / read closed caption from such material?

Thanks,

Best regards.

devil (johner)
    The Blu-ray spec doesn't officially support the same sort of closed captions that the NTSC DVD spec does. Although some discs produced for N. America do have them, most do not. MediaInfo will usually report EIA 608 closed captions in View->Text if there are any in the decrypted mts files for movies that have them. CCExtractor might work on the mts files. It does work with ts files, which are similar.

Actual Blu-ray subtitles like DVD subtitles are graphical, not text based. There is a guide here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/313620-How-to-extract-subtitles-from-a-Blu-ray-and-...srt-or-sub-idx
    Quote Quote