VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. As mentioned I managed to add 1 extra Audio/Subtitle to a normal DVD (the whole de- and re-muxing stick) the final new DVD in its VIDEO_TS folder recognizes all the extra tracks ( thanks to PgcEdit) HOWEVER while attempting to compress/ turn it into a ISO file via DVD Shrink, the finished ISO does not display the extra Audio track. It DOES show the extra subtitle but selecting it just does nothing. Any Ideas, my guess is that my PgcEdit config messed it up since that program was more trail and error for me. If thats the case here is additional info : From 2 Audio tracks to 3 , From 1 subtitle to 2. Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
  2. You 'turned them on' properly in PGCEdit so they can be selected? Are you saying they all play fine when in DVD format, but not as an ISO? Which begs the question of what use is the ISO anyway? And maybe make your ISO using IMGBurn and not DVD Shrink.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Demuxed files remuxed using what application ?

Sounds like ifo and bup not updated properly
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    You 'turned them on' properly in PGCEdit so they can be selected?
    That is the question, all i Did was set Audio tack 2 from 0 to 1 and Subpicture 1 from disable to set. As for Why, well its simple the ISO was always the last test before burning. All these subtitle edits and therefore (to me) inexplicable subtitle color changes ment this method is a nobrainer. On the other hand DVSDhrink is the only program that i know of which can compress DVD9 into DVD5, since my custom DVD was about 5,5 GB i needed to do that anyway.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	38861  

Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Bjs View Post
    Demuxed files remuxed using what application ?

Sounds like ifo and bup not updated properly

I demuxed the Original DVD Movie File in order to gain the language ac3 file via PgcDemux. I then proceeded to demux the same Movie in better quality from a Mkv file. The DvD was pal (Gspot 25 fps) while the mkv file was 23.97 fps. I therefore tried to demux the mkv file via AVStoDVD and set the Fps output to 25. I then used MuxMan to join all files while also using the original dvd chapter list. ( I did some Subtitle tinkering via SubtitleCreator as well, when asked for the IFO I gave it the original DVD input ) it all seemed fine by the end. Afterwards I replaced the original DVD file with my new custom Vobs via VOBblanker. That resulting custom DVD was then edited via PgcEdit to the best of my abilitys. As mentioned THAT VIDEO_TS folder when dragged into vlc mediaplayer regonignized all the menus the new and improved movie (better picture quality) as well as ALL 3 selectecable audio tracks and 2 selectable subtitles. Even after i dropped hat TS folder in DVDShrink,Shrink regonignized all audiotracks and subtitles. I proceeded to compress and Iso it. That mounted ISO is missing most of the changes ( no 3rd audiotrack, selectable 2nd subtitle but its blank).
    Last edited by DeusExMachinaN7; 9th Oct 2016 at 09:49.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Alright i fixed both Isues via PGCEdit. All i did was change the audio stream number to 2 and set the subtitle to 0x21. However I have no clue how to correctly identify the subtitles/audio tracks IDs beforehand. There has to be a tool ( dont want to go from 0x20 to 0x99 all by trial and error).
    Last edited by DeusExMachinaN7; 9th Oct 2016 at 13:18.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by DeusExMachinaN7 View Post
    As for Why, well its simple the ISO was always the last test before burning.
    Not necessary at all. If the DVD works, burn that using ImgBurn. Just make sure the DVD files are in a VIDEO_TS folder and select that.
    On the other hand DVSDhrink is the only program that i know of which can compress DVD9 into DVD5, since my custom DVD was about 5,5 GB i needed to do that anyway.
    If best quality is a consideration, you use an MPEG-2 encoder to do the shrinking and not a transcoder such as DVDShrink. If keeping the menus is important, then DVDRebuilder is probably the best way to shrink a DVD, unless you can do the entire thing manually. Yes, DVDShrink is easier.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it sorted out.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by DeusExMachinaN7 View Post
    Alright i fixed both Isues via PGCEdit. All i did was change the audio stream number to 2 and set the subtitle to 0x21. However I have no clue how to correctly identify the subtitles/audio tracks IDs beforehand. There has to be a tool ( dont want to go from 0x20 to 0x99 all by trial and error).
    Normally, you don't need an external program. The IDs are theoretically always in ascending order, and if you add a track, the muxer should assign it the next free ID automatically. (However, some programs like DVDShrink may leave an "empty slot" if you remove a track, but DVDShrink is not a muxer, and it does so just to keep the audio and subtitle menus working correctly.)

The first ID of a subtitle track is always 0x20, but take in mind that a single track can contain several subtitle streams for the different display modes in 16:9. Normally, you should therefore use the first ID not already used by the previous tracks. For example, for a 16:9 video with the "wide" and "letterbox" display modes enabled, the original subtitle stream may use the streams 0 and 1, and you will see "0 0 1 0" in PgcEdit. You should use the next ID(s) for your additional track, for example "0 2 2 0" if the two display modes use the same subtitle stream, or "0 2 3 0" if you have 2 different streams for the two display modes. (The first and last "0" are ignored in this example, because they correspond to display modes not available for the current video track. For 4:3 video, only the first track is used, and the 3 last IDs are ignored, and should be left to 0.)

For the audio, the situation is simpler, because there is only one physical audio stream per audio track, but the ID depends of the audio encoding. For example, it's 0x80 for AC3, 0x88 for DTS, 0xA0 for LCPM and 0xC0 for MPEG. But you don't need to know the exact ID. If you add the second track (and the original first track has the number "0" in PgcEdit), you should just set the stream number to 1, and PgcEdit will internally use the real ID according to the type of the stream (for example 0x81 for AC3).

In summary, you should define the IDs (or stream number in PgcEdit) in ascending order, one per physical stream.

When it's finished, you should also verify with "Domain Stream Attributes" if the tracks are correctly defined. ( If you have defined a new track in the PGC Editor, PgcEdit will offer to add it in Domain Stream Attributes too.)
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote