VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Newbie here... Recently ripped my entire DVD collection into my Mac using Mac the Ripper. There's no format .conversion. So it's a straight copy of the DVD files, complete with authoring (IFO & BUP files included). I use the DVD player app on my Macs to watch the movies.
    I see that there are many apps out there that will allow you to stream all manner of different formats. I have been unsuccessful in finding one that will actually read and play the DVD authoring… Not just the VOB files within. Rather than convert my entire library to MP4 or some other format in order to stream them... Is there an iPhone/iPad app that will allow me to stream the DVD authored files smoothly?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Spow View Post
    Newbie here... Recently ripped my entire DVD collection into my Mac using Mac the Ripper. There's no format .conversion. So it's a straight copy of the DVD files, complete with authoring (IFO & BUP files included). I use the DVD player app on my Macs to watch the movies.
    I see that there are many apps out there that will allow you to stream all manner of different formats. I have been unsuccessful in finding one that will actually read and play the DVD authoring… Not just the VOB files within. Rather than convert my entire library to MP4 or some other format in order to stream them... Is there an iPhone/iPad app that will allow me to stream the DVD authored files smoothly?
    Thanks
    If nobody comes up with a better idea, I suggest that you try VLC for iOS on the iPad. Success largely depends on this version of VLC having a DVD player and being able to decode and deinterlace MPEG-2 video and decode DVD audio.

I have used VLC on a Windows PC to play a DVD in a VIDEO_TS folder (with full menu navigation) from a shared folder on another windows PC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. From

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=130288

Mobile versions of VLC for iOS and tvOS don't include the needed DVD playback libraries for legal reasons (those libraries are under the GPLv2 license, which is not compatible with the App Store Terms of Services), so sorry, this feature can't be provided.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    From

https://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=130288

Mobile versions of VLC for iOS and tvOS don't include the needed DVD playback libraries for legal reasons (those libraries are under the GPLv2 license, which is not compatible with the App Store Terms of Services), so sorry, this feature can't be provided.
    That is unfortunate, and may mean that no free/low cost DVD player app for iOS exists at present. Licensing costs would be a barrier to anyone interested in developing free/inexpensive DVD player apps for iOS.

I just looked at Cyberlink Power Media Player at the iTunes store, but there was no mention of DVD playback. Only "videos" are mentioned.
    Quote Quote