VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a way I can do this? I've tried AVFS, makeAVIS and avs2avi. I keep getting an "unsupported file format or damaged file" error in Premiere, or the file imports but it's just a black screen.
    Quote Quote  
  2. avfs should work. You might have to add ConvertToRGB24() or ConvertToRGB32(), because premiere doesn't like YV12 . If it sent IYUV (also 4:2:0, just different configuration), it would probably be accepted .
    Quote Quote  
  3. The AVFS download linked there has a readme that says to just move the AVFS.exe somewhere, so that's what I did. It was creating an AVI file, but that wasn't importing into Premiere. Tried it again, and it just created a folder with an AVS in it, no AVI. Moved across the entire contents of the RAR file, just in case, and now a) I can't associate the exe with AVS files anymore, meaning I have to type full paths in the command prompt manually and b) the end result is an empty folder.

The instructions on that page say to copy across a DLL and register it through the command prompt, but the download itself doesn't even contain a DLL.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Do you have the prereq's , like the pismo file mount package installed ?

Is your avs valid ? Can you open it in vdub or avspmod?

It definitely works in premiere, I have or have had it working in every version since CS4

I prefer the older 1.0.0.5 version, because it integrates with the windows context menu, you just right click and mount . That one comes with a .dll that you need to register as in the instructions

The newer versions are commandline driven, you just open a command prompt and

Code:
    avfs "PATH\script.avs"
    avfs.exe has to be in the path, or setup as an environment variable

In either version (except for very old versions), the "fake" AVI should be generated in the c:\volumes directory . In very old versions, the AVI appeared in the same directory as the avs

If you've generated an AVI, but the recieving application "doesn't like" it; 100% of the time it will work if you convert to RGB24 or 32 in your script. The problem is many programs "don't like" the pixel formats that avisynth uses YUY2 for 4:2:2 instead of UYVY which is industry standard, and YV12 for 4:2:0 instead of IYUV. Make sure if you convert to RGB that you use the proper switches (for matrix, interlaced etc...)
    Quote Quote  
  5. FWIW, I have also successfully loaded Avisynth scripts into PP although it has been a long, long time. So, it is possible.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Do you have the prereq's , like the pismo file mount package installed ?

Is your avs valid ? Can you open it in vdub or avspmod?
    Yes, yes, and yes. And it's RGB-converted.

I prefer the older 1.0.0.5 version, because it integrates with the windows context menu
    Where? I downloaded and installed, and I can't see anything there.

The newer versions are commandline driven, you just open a command prompt and

Code:
    avfs "PATH\script.avs"
    avfs.exe has to be in the path, or setup as an environment variable

In either version (except for very old versions), the "fake" AVI should be generated in the c:\volumes directory . In very old versions, the AVI appeared in the same directory as the avs
    It generated C:\Volumes\[NameOfAVS]\[NameOfAVS].avs, but that was it the first time. The second time it only generated the folder, not even the AVS.

How do I set it up as an environment variable?
    Quote Quote  
  7. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    Where? I downloaded and installed, and I can't see anything there.
    Did you run the installer ``as an administrator´´

How do I set it up as an environment variable?
    Hold the Windows key, press Pause/Break, goto Advanced system settings, click the button "Environment variables".
    Quote Quote  
  8. I didn't run it as admin the first time, but I tried as admin a second time and I still cant see anything. Although I'm not sure what I'm looking for or where I should be looking. There's "PFM Open" and "PFM Mount", but those appear to be unrelated to AVFS specifically.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I don't think administrator privilges are necessary.

Did you exit the command prompt from where you issued the "avfs" command?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  10. Ah, the good old ID-10-T error. I moved the source AVI after last testing the AVS. I have an AVI file now, but Premiere stops responding for a while when I try to import it. When it does finally import, the thumbnail shows up in the Project panel, but nothing shows up at all in the...source monitor(?) when I double-click it and it's just a black screen in the...window that views the sequence. I actually don't know what most of these things are called.

And it's a pain having to enter a full path every time, so I'd like to get some sort of right-click option working.

EDIT: Okay, the first frame shows up in the source monitor, still nothing in the other thing.

Mind you, it's a very heavily-processed AVS (QTGMC, etc). Might be worth a shot with something simpler.
    Quote Quote  
  11. EDIT 2: Yes, the simpler one worked perfectly. Now if I could just get right-click sorted...

EDIT: I am really stupid today.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Now if I could just get right-click sorted...
    Use something like Types or Ultimate Windows Context Menu Customizer to add it to the context menu.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm actually not even sure if it's running off the exe or the dll at this point...
    Quote Quote