VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have made some simple videos before, see

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8f-qMH1vxRhD3k3Wh494QA

That's the kind I'm happy with, I don't need more.

The present problem is, 'something seems to have happened' since last time which prevents me from getting even there. What is happening is so utterly confusing that I am near desperation. Let me show you:

I want to start with a 5 second intro - white-on-black text. Check.

Then I want a still from second 5 to 40, overlaid with changing text, every 5 seconds. (And then a little more, also with a video sequence, but that's far away.)

What happens is that I just can't make it obey my timeframe requests. It keeps on changing the times I set.

How can this be explained, and most of all - how do I regain control over this piece of software?

Please do also compare the attachment.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	proj.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	38314  

Quote Quote  
  2. PS

I forgot to mention this strange effect: Sometimes the programme tells me that a subtitle must be at least 0.2 seconds long. I know, my subtitles are supposed to be 5 seconds each. This is absurd. What's going on?!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	proj2.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	38323  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know but aren't your sub-titles overlapping. The start of the second is the end of the first. Surely there should be even a slight gap ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The first subtitle in the second screenshot is 10 frames long? Is that what you want?

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you guys, after having tested Kizoa yesterday, I saw that it can be done, even by me - but I didn't buy theirs. So I will give it another try with PD, as soon as I manage to. I'll let you know, give me a few days, am multitasking.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I tried again, but didn't have success, unfortunately. I did remember that Cyberlink have their own forum, so I decided to post my issue at

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/49405.page#259549

Let's see what happens there. Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    But did you actually implement the suggestions made here ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. I tried to, but have to admit that I find the whole thing incredibly confusing. By this I mean to say that the symptoms found are often so 'mad' that I have problems even describing them. Or put it this way, I can't see the common denominator, and this just makes me despair.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll make it simpler.

Using your first pic the subs could be from 00:00:00:00 to 00:00:04:24 and the second from 00:00:05:00 to 00:00:09:24.

Both of these assuming 25 fps. If 30 fps then substitute 29 for 24.

Again, I do not know if this helps but then there is no overlap and the subs are 5 secs long
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks again, but I just can't comprehend why second 4 doesn't run to 4.59, instead of 4.29? It may not mean anything here, but it disturbs my sense of system, or what you would call it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Because there are 25 or 30 frames in a second (unless your video, of course is 50 or 60 frames per second then you could use 59 for a 60 fps video)

If you wanted your subs to run 5 mins then, of course you could use 00:04:59:00 since there are 60 seconds in a minute. The only divider for seconds is frames.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Believe it or not, but I just decided to make another attempt for the 1st text, ie the one between seconds 5 and 10. It gave me 5.05 as a start time, and I accepted that. Then I determined 9.30 or 9.29 as the end time, but I got this nonsense error message again visible in the 2nd screenshot, according to which subtitles must be at least 0.2 seconds long. WTF?! It is just a complete nuisance.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thank you, I finally made it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyhernKP77E

It's not quite how I wanted it, but I can live with it.

The main conclusion to draw from this experience was: Don't do it with the subtitle function, use the text function.
    Quote Quote