VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I am having a problem using the "build" function for a blu-ray video in Imgburn 2.5.8.0. What I do is start by dropping two m2ts files into the input list. These files were created by me using Hauppauge's Capture client from a PVR. Imgburn recognizes these files and prompts me on building a blu-ray video and I follow the steps. I have options correctly set to UDF 2.50. However, the disc I get out puts my video files into the BDMV root instead of the STREAM subfolder. Consequently, when i put it into a Blu-Ray player, it thinks there is no video there and thinks it''s a blu-ray DATA disc.

If I MANUALLY create the file structure instead, creating only a CERTIFICATE and BDMV folder, and then create a STREAM folder where I drag my m2ts files, would that work? Should I also manually create all the other (empty) folders?

Gary
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    ImgBurn is not a Blu-ray authoring program. If you need the two m2ts files joined together, use the Append function in tsMuxeR, and output to Blu-ray structure before burning with ImgBurn.

If these are two separate videos, then you'd need a menu to select each. You could use BD Rebuilder using the File-->Import-->Video Files path to import the two m2ts files and make a simple menu where you can select each one in the Blu-ray output. Again, you burn with ImgBurn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Actually, ImgBurn does TRY to be an Blu-Ray authoring program insomuch as you can give it TWO .m2ts files and it will prompt to create the full Blu-Ray folder structure, where none existed before, it's just that it's putting the .m2ts files in the wrong place. So if when you say "not a Blue-Ray authoring program" you mean it fails in that regard, you'd be correct. And if I give it only ONE m2ts file, it doesn't even TRY to create the folder structure, just ends up a data disc. Learning curve on tsMuxeR appears to be beyond what I am willing to tackle for this simple project today.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I'm not sure it can be easier than using tsMuxeR. Add your first file, then click on Join to bring in the second. Set your Output to Blu-ray disc and specify where you want the output on the hard drive. Click on the button that reads Start Muxing.

If your two m2ts files are encoded with the same specs, this should give you one seamless video, in Blu-ray format. Now, there is no telling from the information you've given that the output will actually be compliant to Blu-ray specifications. M2ts files are not necessarily made to match Blu-ray specs, and tsMuxeR will NOT re-encode them to be so. It just produces the Blu-ray structure, no matter what kind of video and audio your are trying to put in there.

BD Rebuilder will re-encode to make them compliant, and give a menu to access each one, if you need separate videos.

ImgBurn is a burning program and can make ISO files. It has never claimed to be anything else.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    tsMuxeR not working for me. I am giving it .m2ts files recorded at 8 Mbps, 1920 x 1080, 29fps, audio 192 kbps at 48 kHz. The files were generated by the codec in Hauppauge's HD PVR2 Capture application with component inputs. On import, tsMuxerR says "Unsuppported format--Some tracks not recognized, This track ignored."
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Supported video codecs:
    H.264
    Microsoft VC-1;
    MPEG-2.
    Supported audio codecs:
    AAC;
    AC3 / E-AC3(DD+);
    Dolby True HD (for streams with AC3 core only);
    DTS/ DTS-HD;
    LPCM.

Examine the m2ts files with MediaInfo (Tree or Text view) and post the results here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Here's my output: This is encoded by a Hauppauge PVR 2 Capture device.

General
    ID : 0 (0x0)
    Complete name : K:\Video\National Parks 3 1080i.m2ts
    Format : MPEG-TS
    File size : 7.52 GiB
    Duration : 1 h 53 min
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 9 522 kb/s
    Maximum Overall bit rate : 5 000 kb/s

Video
    ID : 4113 (0x1011)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
    Codec ID : 27
    Duration : 1 h 52 min
    Bit rate : 8 858 kb/s
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
    Standard : Component
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan type, store method : Separated fields
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.143
    Stream size : 6.99 GiB (93%)
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
    ID : 4352 (0x1100)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 2
    Codec ID : 3
    Duration : 1 h 53 min
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 192 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -25 ms
    Stream size : 155 MiB (2%)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, that looks like 1080i video using AVC (H264) video, which shouldn't be a problem. Your audio is MP2 however, and not on the list of audio types that tsMuxeR can handle. This is a bit surprising, since it was a reasonably common codec in DVD's. MP2 is not used in Blu ray.
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Your audio is MP2 however, and not on the list of audio types that tsMuxeR can handle.
    Over here, TSmuxer likes MP2 files. Possibly that audio stream was muxed incorrectly, and/or
    incorrectly flagged/identified as MP2 by MediaInfo
    I've already seen (and created as well) transport streams whose MP2 and MP3 audio tracks were detected as 'AAC' by MPlayer (which then played them either as silence or as noise).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Your audio is MP2 however, and not on the list of audio types that tsMuxeR can handle.
    Over here, TSmuxer likes MP2 files. Possibly that audio stream was muxed incorrectly, and/or
    incorrectly flagged/identified as MP2 by MediaInfo
    I've already seen (and created as well) transport streams whose MP2 and MP3 audio tracks were detected as 'AAC' by MPlayer (which then played them either as silence or as noise).
    I can't remember the last video I had with MP2 audio, so its not something I've tested in tsMuxeR. The list I found may be out of date since you have had success with that type of audio and tsMuxeR. But there is something wrong if the program won't recognize one of the tracks. Mediainfo isn't showing an obvious problem with the video, so I looked for an error in the audio. He won't be able to use MP2 in a Blu-ray anyway, so I might start with demuxing the video and audio, then converting to AC3.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might take a look to the upper left on this page for 'WHAT IS' Blu-ray for the specifications, formats and structure of a BD compliant disc.
    Quote Quote