VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I was VERY bored so I decided to (try to) compile a fresh version of FFmbc.

As usual, I have NOT tested it, therefore, play at your own risk

And more importantly: this time, I did not forget to include xvidcore.dll in the archive

Good luck
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tested it out a little bit and it seems to work great. Thank you for taking the time to compile it!
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks a lot for this!

Any chance for a x64 build...?
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by myrsolaris View Post
    Thanks a lot for this!

Any chance for a x64 build...?
    Not in the foreseeable future, sorry.

It's already bad enough that the current source-code can't be compiled with GCC 5 and newer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Marsia Mariner
    Overdue update...

Apparently the most-recent FFmbc source-code can be compiled by GCC 7.2.0 with no problems
    OTOH, I have no idea of how to build an x64 edition of the dämn thing.
    After getting the latest LAME, xvid and x264 libs, I will build and release a fresh FFmbc.exe.
    Quote Quote  
  6. ffmbc can be compiled with help of https://github.com/jb-alvarado/media-autobuild_suite (however i struggle with some issues and never except one time succeeded)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Please note the disclaimer, though...

Code:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

######### UNSUPPORTED, IF IT BREAKS, IT BREAKS ################################

Build FFMedia Broadcast binary?
    1 = Yes
    2 = No

Note: this is a fork of FFmpeg 0.10. As such, it's very likely to fail
    to build, work, might burn your computer, kill your children, like mplayer.
    Only enable it if you absolutely need it. If it breaks, complain first to
    the author in #ffmbc in Freenode IRC.

The disclaimer for mplayer/mencoder is similarly drastical.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    The disclaimer for mplayer/mencoder is similarly drastical.
    Seem you reading disclaimers... very rare nowadays...

I'm unable to compile regular ffmpeg build (mentioned before i've succeeded only once and have no clue why - enigmatic message about truncf declaration - not sure why as i'm not a programmer and zeranoe builds are seriously limited - no support for new feature's like sofalizer).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    No panic, there is a known issue right now with an incompatibility between gnutls and openssl, but accidently both being enabled in the build parameter list file if you are using one. Until about 2 weeks ago, I could quite frequently build ffmpeg with MABS. But I don't build ffmbc, have no use for it.

From time to time I delete some parts of the generated scripts just to check whether they are a reason for issues. Therefore I sometimes need to re-enter my preferences when I delete the INI file too. And so I got to read them.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Marsia Mariner
    I rarely use ffmbc.exe, but there are people who use it frequently, so I release up-to-date builds whenever I can.
    I wish that I could compile a 64-bit edition, but when I tried, ./configure returned this error message:

Code:
    Unknown OS mingw64_nt-6.1
    Quote Quote