VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Looking to start video capturing and editing and wanting a solid foundation to start from. can anyone recommend a articles or online authors I could start reading from to learn from? I can do a quick google search and bring up pages but wanted a heads up on understanding the process of editing from start to finish and video camera operation and options.I currently have a sony hdr cx 240 which is very low end to play around with but will upgrade at a later date once I know what im doing and looking to do.Any help would be great,

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Are you looking for?:
    1. Step-by-step mechanics of particular apps (the HOW)
    2. Techniques for pacing (the WHEN)
    3. Big picture gestalt of the need for a particular edit (the WHY)

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 19th Aug 2016 at 22:20.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Im looking for in depth descriptions of camera use and options to camera buttons and settings.

A basis beginner learning for editing software and basic functions.Thinking about getting adobe premiere elements and later upgrading to premiere pro(still have lots of research to do on software)

I thought there might of been an author who is popular or someone on here who has written books.I will check on google and use the search button for specific info on here.

Time to just breakout the camera and see.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You said: "Im looking for in depth descriptions of camera use and options to camera buttons and settings."

I know of no better place to look than the manual of the camera you want to use. The manual will describe the use of the camera and options of buttons and settings.
    And about video editing software help....there are tons of tutorials on YouTube on most any software you choose to purchase. There are also dedicated forums for most of Adobe products.

If you have a particular problem then the experts here can help.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  5. YouTube is your friend if you need training. There are always lots of videos to choose from.
    Quote Quote