VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, newbie, yea i know, been trying to do this on my own without help but after several trys an different softwares used, I've had to toss 5 or 6 failed BD-R's in the trash, and hoping maybe someone can help

1st off, I have the Hauppauge 1212 PVR, which so far i've used to create 2 video files in .M2TS. Now I recorded them in 1080i which as I understand it, the Hauppauge doesnt do very well when it comes to trying to convert it to BDMV an rip to BD-r. Each file is about 10 gigs+

I could care less about editing the files, just want the footage onto disk in HD, preferably blu-ray, but if there is another option to burn onto a BD-r and still have it play on a Blu-ray player and look like Hi-def, great, LMK.

What i've tried:

Have multiAVCHD and all its associated necessary files (avisynth, ffdshow, etc). I've had 'some' sucess converting the files to BDMV, The encoding takes a lil while, 4-5 hours. 1st time i got an error on menu creation, but it seemed to finish sort of. I tired burning but imgburn hit me w/ an error at 97% complete, i made 2 other attempts but i messed up somehow cuz they came out w/ no video. I tried re-converting it again and it seemed to have worked, but i also set it to burn to imgburn when done an that didnt work, it threw another error: (RT) Application "C:\programfiles\imgburn.exe" cannot be executed - Line 36161 and when i tried burning the created BDMV/Cert folders w/ IMgburn, well it burns, but when played, theres nothing that plays, no video.

I've been kicking around the idea of re-recording the footage at 720p an re-try, which i guess is really my next thing to try.....ok i've now got a video recorded in 720p, still having issues. multiavchd complaining about: (RT) Invalid array index. Array is empty - Line 35926
    Warnings:/errors for this compilation Compilation does not contain...................then it closes.

I've tried txMuxer, but , i get errors. It first says: Unsupported format: Some tracks not recognized. This tracks was ignored. File name C:myfile.M2TS when just trying to load the file. Than when mux'ing it gets to 52% an fails on error: 1073741819

Tried to use the software that comes w/ by BD Burner: Cyberlink Media Suite, Cyberlink PowerProducer, it proceeds to burn to disk but, ends w/ an E0...somethin error, which when i googled the error, said it was a low memory error, so i re-set it to burn at 2x, the slowest speed, but still got the same error.

I've d/l'd Arcsoft Showbiz software, but it doesnt seem to author in BDMV, nor does it seem to re-encode either. Haven't tried burning a file w/ that as that would require another BD-r since the files are too large to fit on anything else, to include DVD DL. Theres been other software i've d/l'd an tried but none them seem to author in BDMV (videoredo comes to mind).

Thinking about trying: TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5, as it has a free trial. Certainly don't want to buy any software if its not going to work anyway.

Starting to run out of ideas. There are 2 other formats supported by the Hauppauge, .ts and mp4. Could try those i guess. I may update/edit this post w/ other pertinent info that i can think of.
    Last edited by shadough; 9th Aug 2016 at 01:04.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I finally have some success.

I recorded just 5 mins of video using a different software. Arcsoft Showbiz software, threw that video into tsmuxer and got no errors for a change. muxed sucessfully, and burned w/ img burn on a standard DVD a Blu-ray video and viola, I'm watching an HD video on my blu ray player.

So at least I've got an avchd video on disk. I'll keep playing with it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to our forums.

Sometimes it takes a day or two to get answers. Stand by...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the welcome, I've browsed thru this forum a lil bit over the years but, finally had a need to register and ask a question.

Success!

So in summary, for future readers of this thread.

I downloaded Arcsoft Showbiz software (google search will show u how to do that for FREE)
    used that software to capture the video from the SAT box, and not the software that came w/ the Hauppauge 1212. (although I may try to use that software again an choose .TS to see if that makes a difference, so far I've only tried .m2ts)
    Used the .TS format for capturing the video, which is labeled as AVCHD.
    Once done, u can use either 'tsmuxer' or 'multiavchd', the later of which creates a menu for Blu-ray, the former, just a playable video.
    the processing/re-encoding only took a few minutes.
    than ImgBurn in Build mode to burn the BD-r

I have my SAT box output set at 720p, and the .TS file is apparently an mpeg2 video file, but the finished product still looks like HD programming to me.

Still need to play around w/ creating my own menu's, instead of the default ones that come w/ multiavchd. and I may try the .mp4 video capture too, see how that works out. But at least I finally have successfully created Blu-ray disks like I wanted.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shadough View Post
    I have my SAT box output set at 720p, and the .TS file is apparently an mpeg2 video file, but the finished product still looks like HD programming to me.
    MPEG-2 TS is only a description of the container type. The video inside is AVC (H.264). The HD-PVR 1212 cannot capture video as MPEG-2. It has a H.264 hardware encoder.

That being said, MPEG-2 is certainly capable of HD resolutions and is also permitted by the Blu-ray spec, although it isn't used often as H.264 because it requires more disc space to provide the same apparent quality.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Aug 2016 at 10:46.
    Quote Quote