VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a video that comes from The Bad World Tour in 87 but the quality is extremely damaged

I've tried playing around with the brightness and contrast but it honestly made the video worse.

My only hope is this place I'm wondering if anything can be done.

https://mega.nz/#!3cEAkSjQ!WCpBDKEzsfDLkLCIGGAeaWLokQ1U7Hs4npe1sNk-vy0

Sadly this is the only copy of this tape which was uploaded in 2008
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Is this that Michael Jackson crap footage again? I wish people would give up on that already.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Is this that Michael Jackson crap footage again? I wish people would give up on that already.
    Wait, someone else actually asked for help on this here too ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Dozens of times....it's crap footage.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The video has lost all detail and is full of blending artifacts from poor deinterlacing and over agressive temporal noise reduction. There are no superbright or superdark details to restore. Pretty much anything you do to it will only make it worse.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I agree: the footage is beyond hopeless. I have several pristine prints of him performing the same number, live, using the identical choreography and outfits, although with a different set and backup singers. Why not use one of those instead? This performance didn't seem to have anything special about it except his brief interaction with the backups near the end.

The "Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, and Forever" live version of Billie Jean is pristine, and a far better performance.

And never mind the video: I can't imagine ever wanting to listen to that audio. I remember well being at the CES show in Las Vegas in 1984. The compact disc had just been introduced and the showcase disc was Michael Jackson's "Thriller" CD. Quincy Jones had engineered a sound quality that few people had ever heard, and that epic sound could be heard in almost every booth.

To hear this 1930s 78 rpm audio quality is unbearable, given how perfectly that original audio was engineered.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    I agree: the footage is beyond hopeless. I have several pristine prints of him performing the same number, live, using the identical choreography and outfits, although with a different set and backup singers. Why not use one of those instead? This performance didn't seem to have anything special about it except his brief interaction with the backups near the end.

The "Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, and Forever" live version of Billie Jean is pristine, and a far better performance.

And never mind the video: I can't imagine ever wanting to listen to that audio. I remember well being at the CES show in Las Vegas in 1984. The compact disc had just been introduced and the showcase disc was Michael Jackson's "Thriller" CD. Quincy Jones had engineered a sound quality that few people had ever heard, and that epic sound could be heard in almost every booth.

To hear this 1930s 78 rpm audio quality is unbearable, given how perfectly that original audio was engineered.
    I mainy love this footage due to the energy of Mike, He was moving his body to the beat and stuff

Hell even when the drum would play he suddenly turn his head back to the rhythm
    Quote Quote