VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My old dvd player stopped loading dvds so I went and purchased a new one along with a new dvd and came home and hooked it up and it is unable to load the dvd and gives me an unable to play disc error. Popped a cd in and it played immediately. I tried numerous dvds both new and old and same result for all. Is there some kind of electrical interference that could cause this or did my old dvd player go bad and I got the one in a thousand that doesn't work right out of the box? Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Brian1234 View Post
    My old dvd player stopped loading dvds so I went and purchased a new one along with a new dvd and came home and hooked it up and it is unable to load the dvd and gives me an unable to play disc error. Popped a cd in and it played immediately. I tried numerous dvds both new and old and same result for all. Is there some kind of electrical interference that could cause this or did my old dvd player go bad and I got the one in a thousand that doesn't work right out of the box? Thank you
    What make and model DVD player did you buy?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The new one is a Sony DVP-SR210P. Just a Wal-Mart cheapy. I just don't want to keep taking them back if its not the player. I talked with Sony support and they walked me through all their troubleshooting and nothing worked.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like a dead one to me. exchange it.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks. Just seemed strange that it is the same exact issue that just started with the old one. Cd's load but dvd's don't.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not reading DVDs is one sign that the drive is dying. It isn't especially common, but sometimes a brand new drive can fail.
    Quote Quote