VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Basically, wanting to burn an entire show to 2 or 3 discs (Because sadly it's not something that can be bought) and I'm just wondering the best way to go about it.

I've gotten myself a burner, will be getting the discs next. Far as I can tell, BDXLs aren't a smart choice due to compatibility, so figuring I'll get a few regular BDRs.

So it's just the burning itself I want to get right. Considering how expensive the discs are, the less muck-ups I make, the better!

Been looking into multiAVCHD, although it doesn't seem to be particularly user friendly. Far as I can tell it supports the files I have at least and I already have all the codecs it requires.

But figured I'd ask just in case, if there was something easier or better. Heck, even a step by step guide. It's a more specific request than guides I've seen, simply because of the subtitles in the MKVs themselves.

If anyone could help me, please do!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you need menus?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Do you need menus?
    >Baldrick
    Excellent name.

And no, I don't suppose I do? I mean, it'd be nice, but it's not necessary. Mostly just wanting to retain the video quality and the subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I think the free bdrebuilder can do that also. Under File->Import->Video Files and add all your mkvs. But I'm not sure about the subtitle support.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hmm, I'll look into that one too. Thank you.

Shame that nothing seems to be particularly idiot-proof though. :P
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I tried bdrebuilder and it re-encodes compliant mkv(1280x720) which multiavchd doesn't do,if you just read some of the help files on multiavchd it can make great menus that are stills or moving.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    ^jdobbs says that you can let BD Rebuilder import the MKV's and set up the pseudo-Blu ray structure and use it if you are certain that the video and audio are already compliant to Blu-ray specs.

Just don't start the encoding process.

Didn't work for me because the video and audio went out of sync, but apparently that is a very, very rare event.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    I tried bdrebuilder and it re-encodes compliant mkv(1280x720) which multiavchd doesn't do,if you just read some of the help files on multiavchd it can make great menus that are stills or moving.

Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    ^jdobbs says that you can let BD Rebuilder import the MKV's and set up the pseudo-Blu ray structure and use it if you are certain that the video and audio are already compliant to Blu-ray specs.

Just don't start the encoding process.

Didn't work for me because the video and audio went out of sync, but apparently that is a very, very rare event.

So you reckon I can use BD Rebuilder to get the videos to work right, but then use multiAVCHD to make the menus and actually start the process of burning?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    No, BD Rebuilder will make a crude menu for you if you import more than one MKV, so there is no real need to use multiAVCHD afterwards. But I don't think BD Rebuilder will handle subtitles in MKV files well.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    No, BD Rebuilder will make a crude menu for you if you import more than one MKV, so there is no real need to use multiAVCHD afterwards. But I don't think BD Rebuilder will handle subtitles in MKV files well.
    Hmm. Well that's no good, then. Definitely need these subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Multiavchd handles subtitles with customization and no need to use bd rebuilder either.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Multiavchd handles subtitles with customization and no need to use bd rebuilder either.
    Okay, good. Figured.

The trick is just getting it to work right without wasting too many BDRs in the process.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I think the free bdrebuilder can do that also. Under File->Import->Video Files and add all your mkvs. But I'm not sure about the subtitle support.
    +1
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Well, just finally finished building/burning the first of the two BDrs I set out to make with multiAVCHD.

Video and audio have turned out very well, menus too. Even got a song playing in the background, very nice.

Just having a slight issue with subtitles. Whenever there's a sign or something else subtitled, for instance, and someone speaking is subtitled, only one will display. Or the latter will be displayed later, out of context. Do BDs support multiple subtitles on-screen at once or not?

Also, it doesn't like accented characters. Is there anything I can do about either of those things?
    Quote Quote