VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am new to video encoding. And have a few question about TsMuxer 2.6.12;

What does çreate HDMV compatible TS' on the second tab mean... What does it do?

- I remuxed a bluray rip with and without this option. And there's a 2MB difference.

What does SEI / VUI and insertin PPS mean?
    - there is little documentation about this. All I know now is SEI/VUI are tag information but it can also affect color-reproduction and AR and stuff

Thanks for any useful help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HDMV is the authoring mode consumer Blu-ray authoring software uses for creating interactive features, rather than BD-J. An "HDMV compatible TS" would be a transport stream which conforms to the requirements for this type of authored Blu-ray disc.

If you want a detailed explanation, obtain a copy of the Blu-ray spec, or hope one of the few members here who has read it sees your post. There is also some information here: http://www.hughsnews.ca/faqs/authoritative-blu-ray-disc-bd-faq/4-physical-logical-and-...ifications#4.5
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 23rd Jun 2016 at 15:17.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, Usually_quiet.

I was skimming the page with information. So the original stream is then modified to suit HDMV authoring purposes like you said
    But in what way.. Will it alter I,P,B frame insertion to cater to specific demands or change color information in the tags for the decoder to interpret?

I'm just looking for software that will not alter the original m2ts stream in any way.
    Quote Quote