VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I’m new to this forum and also to blu-ray ripping. I’m working on an imac operating on Yosemite. I’m using the latest Pavtube BD magic and so far every Blu-ray I ripped went really wel, with only a few hicups here and there. Alas, the honeymoon is over I’m affraid.

I’ve purchased the blu-ray set of Little house on the prairie season 2 and want to rip it so to have a file that I can stream to my iPad.

When the first disc is loaded by Pavtuve BD Magic and the process of ripping starts (without any hardware sounds from my blu-ray drive), I hear the notification sound that tells me that the ripping is finished ***** PROBLEM HERE ****** only 40 seconds after the ripping process started. What takes normally aroung 45 minutes took less than one. And the output file that was produced is only 7 Kb in weight.

I tried other episodes, and other discs only to get the same result.

One small details grabs my attention. Some odd thing happens when I put the disc in my regular player for the TV to see if it works. In the process of loading, a brief message appear «checking for updates» and then disappear and the blu-ray play normally.

I don’t know if there’s a link between this message and the fact that I can’t rip the blu-ray on my computer.

Has anyone encounter that problem and can offer some direction for a solution?

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It sounds like your Blu-ray ripper's decryption strategies are not up to date for ripping this disc. The Blu-ray copy protection strategies used by the entertainment industry change constantly. Try using another ripper, such as DVDFab HD Decrypter for Mac, to make a decrypted copy of the disc on your hard drive, and then use Pavtube to convert.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Another option is MakeMKV for Mac. It can rip the entire disc to the hard drive in Backup mode, then you can use your Pavtube program on the ripped copy.

MakeMKV is free to use while in beta. You just need to update the beta key periodically.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    It sounds like your Blu-ray ripper's decryption strategies are not up to date for ripping this disc. The Blu-ray copy protection strategies used by the entertainment industry change constantly. Try using another ripper, such as DVDFab HD Decrypter for Mac, to make a decrypted copy of the disc on your hard drive, and then use Pavtube to convert.
    Thanks for the help, I'll try that tonight.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread moved to the mac forum where you can get more help.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Another option is MakeMKV for Mac. It can rip the entire disc to the hard drive in Backup mode, then you can use your Pavtube program on the ripped copy.

MakeMKV is free to use while in beta. You just need to update the beta key periodically.
    Thanks kerry, unfortunately I already downloaded MakeMKV beta a couple of months ago and its now expired. I don't want to buy the full version before knowing that it works.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Jonnyquest9999 View Post
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post

Thanks kerry, unfortunately I already downloaded MakeMKV beta a couple of months ago and its now expired. I don't want to buy the full version before knowing that it works.
    As I said, you just need to update the beta key, which can be found here: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Or install the latest version. My copy says its good through July.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jonnyquest9999 View Post
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post

Just download MakeMKV again. It is still in beta and still free. Oops, I didn't see Kerry56's post.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Perfect, I've got 2 options now: DVDFab HD Encrypter and MakeMKV.

I really appreciate your help guys.

Be sure I'll keep informed if it works.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Well, I finally tried with DVDfab HD decrypter solution and it worked like a charm!!! Once decrypted and then converted, i've now got an output file with the exact same weight as other episodes from season 7 (which hadn't that problem). I'm planning to try the Make MKV alternative soon.

Many thanks to you guys ( usually_quiet and Kerry56).

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote