VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone! How do I insert chapter marks in MPC-HC seek bar, so that I can forward to the next chapter easily with the forward key.

Here's a referenceClick image for larger version

Name:	ljhkrsnfd.png
Views:	1448
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	37035
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried add chapters to your video file? You can add chapters to any video with mkvtoolnixgui and output as a mkv.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't think it can be done. If there's chapters in the source file they should be displayed though, assuming....

Click image for larger version

Name:	mpc-hc.gif
Views:	1785
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	37047
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you tried add chapters to your video file? You can add chapters to any video with mkvtoolnixgui and output as a mkv.
    The photo I attached was from an mp4 file... It was from a dvd...
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can add chapters to a mp4 also with for example mp4box(command line utility) or with handbrake (under the chapters tab, but handbrake will reconvert your video...).

Or add a mp4 in mkvtoolnixgui, add the chapters and output a mkv. No video/audio reconversion.
    Quote Quote  
  6. If the problem is chapters aren't being displayed while playing DVDs when they should be, it's probably because you're not opening them "correctly". If in doubt use the "File/Open DVD" menu and select the folder containing the DVD files, or the Open Disc menu.
    If you simply open a vob file with MPC-HC you won't see chapters as they don't have any. The chapters are in the IFO files.
    Quote Quote