VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Everyone.

I habe been trying to view recordings from a Motorola Arris box stored on the drive on the drive to allow more space and have my own movie bank like in the old days with VHS and because my TV died and rather than getting a new one I d rather watch movies on my laptop in ehichever rooom of the flat I d like. I m stuck on that perdonal project because of file format (slc) and likely becsuse of encryption. I tried several PC tools, many found on the forum, but no luck.

I now thought to clone the DVR drive and run in a virtual machine to get it to play and output the video signal decyphering it with its own key, so I wouldm't be copying files out of the PC but actually have a full cloned box running inside VM on my PC.

Is that even possible? If so, what VM config would be required?
    Is there a simpler route not including hardware ?

Thanks for ypur help and for this excellent forum.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Only one way to find out, setup a VM and try it... https://www.virtualbox.org/

Let us know how you make out.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,

I'd like that, but how should I set up the VM to get the drive to launch?

Any simpler route with slc?

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  4. If your files are encrypted only the device that recorded them has the key required to decrypt them.
    Last edited by jagabo; 13th May 2016 at 11:14.
    Quote Quote