VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I edited some 16:9 video footage with GoPro studio and exported the project as an HD1080 MP4 file. The exported MP4 file displays fine on my computer and the aspect ratio is 16:9 as per the source footage. I then burned it to a DVD-R using Adobe Premier however the DVD plays back 4:3 centre cut out. Black bars left and right plus zoomed in and image is squashed tall and thin. I then tried Cheetah DVD burner. Same thing it plays back the wrong aspect ratio 4:3 I then tried exporting from GoPro Studio as AVI and checked the file is 16:9 but after burning it too is 4:3 on DVD
    What am I doing wrong please? I'm tearing my hair out here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Squashed looking 4:3 image means the DVD is anamorphic 16:9 but incorrectly flagged as 4:3.
    The center cut thing doesn't fit into this description however as that would not make the image appear squashed. It's probably just normal overscan that you did not consider during editing.

Either re-author with the correct setting or use IfoEdit to change the flag.

Edit: Possibly your TV is is at fault. If it's aspect ratio setting is set to 4:3 rather than auto it will squash the image no matter how you flag the DVD.
    Last edited by Skiller; 13th May 2016 at 05:16.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Premiere does not burn to DVD, do you mean Premiere Elements? Make sure your output settings specify widescreen.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/how-to/burn-videos-dvd-blu-ray-avchd-iso-image.html
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry yes I meant Premiere Elements and yes I did select Widescreen export option thanks. I just tried it on a TV with DVD player at a friends as I don't have one anymore and it plays back fine. The Cheetah ones don't but as long as I've got one working that's all that matters. Strange the discs playback anamorphic on the computer as it plays widescreen movie DVDs no problem.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!