Hey everyone, I need some help with this. Basically, I have a Sony HVR–A1U that's serving as a glorified VTR, and would like to export my footage to an HDV tape. I know this is possible in FCP7 as I did it last year, but I'm having an insane time trying to get the process to work again. I've tried two Firewire cables, the tape is brand new and not write–protected, and the camera shows "HDV In i.LINK," so it's definitely recognizing the computer in some capacity. The problem is with the actual export process.

Final Cut Pro 7:
In FCP7 I'm having trouble just getting the camera recognized again through "refresh devices." I'm aware that I need to use the "Print to Video" option and not the "Edit to tape" option for HDV. Material has been rendered, and will show up on my desktop, but not on the camera output as it did last year. (Nothing is recorded onto the tape either; I checked a short clip after the first recording attempt.) I would prefer to work through FCP7, but after bashing my head against a wall for almost a week, I decided to give Premiere Pro CS6 a try.

Premiere Pro CS6:
In Premiere Pro CS6 the camera appears to be recognized without a problem, and I can trigger the camera to start/stop recording, (something I cannot seem to do in FCP7,) but nothing is actually recorded onto the tape; the camera just rolls without recording any material.

If anyone has any ideas about what I'm doing wrong or how to get the camera to actually record the footage that I'm working with, I'd definitely appreciate it.